The Best Ever Song... according to you

Every year, in the Netherlands, people can vote for songs they think are the best ever, and the public radio compiles the votes and broadcast the top 2000 songs between Christmas and New Year, with the last song starting at midnight on New Years Eve. They call it the Top 2000 [Wikipedia].

Aside for a few years, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen is picked as the best of the best song ever.

What would you pick as the Bestest of Songs ever made?

7 Likes

My favorite is “Sitting at the dock of the bay” by Otis Redding. (My favorite interpreter is Queen. Near my personal top is “Three little birds” by Bob Marley, too.)

We have a radio Top 400 voting here, and “Bohemian Rhapsody” is somewhere near the top usually, sometimes Number One.

5 Likes

For me it is La Grange by ZZ Top.

3 Likes

Throwing my choice in the hat because I realised I forgot mine:

Edith Piaf - Non, Je ne regrette rien

Would have been my choice this year.

3 Likes

Forever Paranoid Android.

6 Likes

Question by the Moody Blues

4 Likes

“Happiness Is a Warm Gun,” probably. Hard to say!

4 Likes

“The Gambler” or “Coward of the County” both by Kenny Rodgers.
“Boy named Sue” by Johnny Cash.
and the list goes on…

5 Likes

On my PC I have a list of songs from every year for the past 50 years that instantly put me in the state of mind that I had when I was listening to them often. The songs are from those years … I’m not that old.

Picking three that are really well liked, both by me and in general:

• New Order’s “Bizarre Love Triangle”
  • Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill”
  • Eurythmics’ “Here Comes the Rain Again”
5 Likes

I find it interesting that Bohemian Rhapsody (1975) is so widely acclaimed because it really wasn’t on people’s radar until after Wayne’s World (1992) reintroduced it. Gotta admit though, that car scene is classic… and it’s a great song.

Best song ever? That’s a toughy, but there is one song that I find incredibly smooth and enjoyable no matter what mood I’m in.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Haven’t you heard…

3 Likes