The Andromeda Legacy™ /// A Competition (with prizes!)

I am curious, the rules say the game must be at least one room. How do you build an adventure game with no rooms? [emote]:roll:[/emote]

Also, the call to action err I mean announcement of the contest states that you need to submit an ’ “I’m interested in this” registration’ but does not say exactly how.

Until it’s announced how to submit a registration, consider this my I’m interested in this registration.

And for those not familiar with the universe of the original game Andromeda Awakening, you can download it from this address, or if that doesn’t work, ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=ajzw6jutat2aeqa .

The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons that history teaches us.
No good deed goes unpunished.

You want this competition (ignore all the forum drama); the competition discussed in this thread happened six months ago or so.

ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=p8txeb031n4dnxnz

ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=ms15e48egclycv3

On another note, while subject to nitpicking, the wording is indeed farly clear - the reader will understand that a game of any size will suffice, be it a single room, two rooms or twenty thousand.

Sorry, the guy who mentioned this on another BBS posted it within the last day or two; I did never even looked at it to see that it had already expired. I’ll look at the one for 2013.

As for having an Interactive Fiction game with no rooms, I was utterly stunned. Thanks.

For another couple of roomless games, sort of: emshort.wordpress.com/2011/04/06 … ve-poetry/ Mine and Jason Dyer’s, not the first one, which isn’t interactive fiction of the sort we’re thinking of.

Technically there’s a room in the source code of mine at least, but it’s just there to satisfy Inform 7’s demand for at least one room, it doesn’t do anything. And, well, I do talk about an attic and a kitchen and some other places, but they don’t exactly work as rooms.