The 2010 IF Competition has begun!

The annual Interactive Fiction Competition has begun. We’ve got 25 games for you to try.

Run, do not walk, to ifcomp.org/ to grab the games and get voting!

Yey! :mrgreen:

And thanks for working on the IFComp year after year!

See, I’ll be on an 8-hour bus ride on Wednesday (and Megabus has power outlets), so if I can strengthen my resolve to leave the entries alone until then…

Nah, who am I kidding? I’ll have my hands all over them by tomorrow.

Awesome! Many thanks Sargent :slight_smile:

And thanks to Dan Shiovitz and Mark Musante, whose work on the competition website made this year’s task even easier for me.

I have been reading the game reviews of this year’s competition entries linked to from the Planet Interactive blog, and it has inspired me to write a few reviews of my own. My question is, is it cool to post those reviews here? I don’t see anyone else doing that so I’m thinking it might not be kosher, even though based on the sub-forum’s description, it seems like it would be.

Yes, that has happened before – feel free to make a topic here with your reviews. The best thing is probably to put them all in one topic, use a new message for each game, and put your entrie reviews between spoiler tags.

Victor - Thanks for the format suggestion; I was about to start writing up some reviews myself and wasn’t quite sure how best to post them. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion – I will do just that!

I’m new to this forum and to competitions. Why not make a thread for each game and let everyone post their reviews there?

If there’s a standard for doing these things, I don’t want to mess with it, I’m just curious.

I’m not sure why (new here, too), but there may not be enough review traffic to justify creating so many threads in anticipation of it. On the other hand, it would make the avoiding of spoilers for any particular game much more straightforward.

Paul.