Tempus Fugit by Jules Pelarski

Has anyone else played this game?

I got a dollar bill that had playtempusfugit dot com stamped on it when I got a beer at a bar the other night. I have no idea how long it’s been floating around, but it intrigued me enough that I checked it out.

I really can’t find anyone else talking about this game and figured this was the place to ask. Needless to say I am intrigued by all this interactive fiction stuff.

I poked around playing the minigames which have some ominous art and text, then bit the bullet and bought the book to see what it’s all about.

It’s like a traditional choose-your-own-adventure novel about time travel, so it’s natural to flip back a few pages and re-do choices. Though it’s a short book (and purportedly only the first volume of a larger story), I’ve really gotten lost in it and I’ve found 2 of the 8 endings so far. The writing is really good if the story is confusing at times, but the more I read the more it clears up. The art is gorgeous, too.

Does anyone else know about this?

6 Likes

Lol that is such a seeds-in-the-wind way to advertise a game. :laughing:

Haven’t heard of it, though, but if the author did their own marketing, then I’m guessing that same degree of shenanigans would appear in the game design, too.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s crazy. The website in particular is really trippy (and the narrative involves a time drugs, so also literally trippy). Reminds me a bit of A Scanner Darkly or Memento

1 Like