TALP Beta Test Swap Thread

Hey All-
TALP submissions are due in 3 weeks, and during Spring Thing is a terrible time to ask for beta testers, so I thought we could test each other’s games and leave the general population in peace to play ST games.

Anybody who is willing to test a game or two, please note that in this thread so other authors can contact you about testing when their TALP games are ready.

And if your game is ready for testing, please note that here.

Here’s to teaching folks to play IF!

7 Likes

I’m not sure I’ll finish my entry by the deadline, but either way I can test a couple of games.

5 Likes

Great idea. My game won’t be test-ready for another week or two, but I’m happy to test other games in the meantime.

6 Likes

@Warrigal – do you need more eyes on yours?

2 Likes

I’m not going to be participating, but I would be glad to help out and offer testing. Spring Thing has some great entries, and I’d like to review as many as I can, but I do prefer text adventures myself.

So being able to test a few for TALP would be great. I’d like to do my part to make it two strong TALPs in a row – I really enjoyed last year’s.

6 Likes

I don’t need any further testers for ‘Carpathian Vampire’. I had lots of great feedback on that and I’m updating it now. The start and end will be quite different and there’s a lot more helpful responses for non-essential commands. It will probably need a second round of testing, but I’ll ask the existing testers to do that if they’re available.

I’m writing another more kid-friendly game and will need testers for that in a week or so, if all goes well.

I’m happy to test anyone else’s game while my two games are out for testing. That will tentatively be after Easter.

6 Likes

My game is ready for a looksee if anyone has time in the next few days. It’s aimed at kids (I’d say about 10 years old is the age I’m targeting) and all the characters are mythological creatures. It’s called The Lonely Troll. I hope it would be OK for adults, too.

ETA: Oh, and it’s Inform7, maybe 30-45 minutes?

5 Likes

While it’s still rather rough around the edges, my game is hopefully ready for a first look by a tester or two.

6 Likes

I’m hoping that my second TALP jam game will be ready for testing later today. It’s a kid-friendly game about Australian animals preparing for the bushfire season. It’s probably not suitable for the littlies (unless playing with an adult), because of some of the big words used. There are lots of references to Australian flora and fauna. It should be fine for those with good reading skills.

If you’re interested in testing it, send me a PM and I’ll send you the download details as soon as it’s ready.

3 Likes

Absolutely! Send it over and I’ll give it a whirl. So much better than running through mine for the millionth time.

3 Likes

My game is finally ready for testing. Message me if you’re up for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

48-hour extension added to the deadline (phew!)

3 Likes