Not sure what’s happening here. All my code is fine; I’ve triple-checked it, and even reversed it to the state before this error, but I keep getting this:
The object file "obj/gameMain.t3o" contains an invalid internal stream ID code.
This is an error in the object file and probably indicates that the file is
corrupted. Delete the object file and recompile its source file.
I have deleted the file, and recompiled, but it keeps giving me this error.
My condolences… I’ve been there. I don’t think I know how I eventually fixed my stream Id problem either. I pitched all object files but I don’t know that even that fixed it. I seem to remember copying all the text out of one of my source files (that had the invalid stream id), pasting it into a brand-new file, pitching the guilty one and etc. Eventually I got rid of it but I don’t know that I ever knew what was going on.Never happened till I was using VSCode but that could be a coincidence…
I came away with the impression that it was the (my version of) gameMain.t file that needed to be pitched, created new and recompiled… that’s why I suggested copying the text out of it. But I could have just been believing in hocus-pocus with no real idea of what happened…
I would like it known that the part I’m working on is not this function.
This is very uncomfortable. If this has to do with project complexity, then I’m a bit concerned, because I still have a lot to add. However, I feel like @johnnywz00 would have been stopped for this reason, well before I get stopped, so idk.
So it happened after I implemented some more stuff to the sound effects handler. I commented out a function that I didn’t actually technically need, and the error went away. Then, when I was adding properties to some classes in my sound bleed subsystem, the error returned. I couldn’t actually comment out anything or remove anything else, so I uncommented the neatness function I had commented out before, and the error went away again.
Mine too, but I’m wondering if that’s the issue. If my Linux does everything in UTF-8 by default, and the source code of my game is us-ascii, then I wonder if there’s a chance that some weird bytes-per-character offset problem works its way into the process. That might explain why seemingly-random edits solves the issue.