Submit button won't work

I am trying to run the following code in Twine 2.51 but when I test it the “Submit” button is not working, I click it and nothing happens:

@@.delayed;Great! To make sure our work is consistent, I constructed the true confidence intervals of the preparation, rework, and packaging stations.@@ @@.delayed;Based on the results of your hypothesis tests, which type of error (Type I Error or Type II Error) should be calculated at each station?@@
[img[images/DataAnalyst.jpg]]

Preparation Station:
<<listbox “$response1”>>
<<option “Type I Error (α)”>>
<<option “Type II Error (β)”>>
<>

Rework Station:
<<listbox “$response2”>>
<>

Packaging Station:
<<listbox “$response3”>>
<>

<<button “Submit”>>

<<if $response1 is “Type I Error (α)” and $response2 is “Type I Error (α)” and $response3 is “Type II Error (β)”>>
<<set $scores = $scores + 3>>
[[CORRECT|Chapter53.2]]
<>
[[INCORRECT|Chapter53.1]]
<>
<>

Hi! Could you wrap your code in the code block (three → ` ← around the code) so we can see all your code?
Thank you!

EDIT: @marcusjames0930 If I were to guess, this might be because of the code inside the button. What you might want to do instead is something like this:

<span id="result"><<button “Submit”>>
   <<if $response1 is “Type I Error (α)” and $response2 is “Type I Error (α)” and $response3 is “Type II Error (β)”>>
         <<set $scores = $scores + 3>>
        <<replace "#result" t8n>>[[CORRECT|Chapter53.2]]<</replace>>
    <<else>>
          <<replace "#result" t8n>>[[INCORRECT|Chapter53.1]]<</replace>>
    <</if>>
<</button>></span>

A button (or link) can only compute code within the macro, but not show text/other indicators on the page unless you use tell it to do so, with the <<append>>, <<prepend>> or <<replace>> macro.
Documentation: SugarCube v2 Documentation

2 Likes