Studying titles and tags and making up plots

A Dream Of Silence: Act 3 by Abigail Corfman

@AbigailCorfman
Content warning: Torture, Slavery, Violence, Abuse, Toxic Relationships, Unhealthy Coping Strategies, Implied Alcoholism, Victim Blaming, Hunting Animals
Fantasy Fan Fiction • One hour • Choice-based • Twine

“A dream of silence” naturally implies a lack of silence. So there’s too much noise, whether literal or metaphorical, that the player wants to dispel. It is the third act, meaning there are two more acts before it. Maybe the “silence” is death, the absolute and final silence of leaving the material world, and the player is left as a ghost, longing for the relief of death and closure but failing to get it.

There is a whole slew of content warnings here, relating to mostly to violence, abusive relationships, and poor coping mechanisms (likely as a result of the aforementioned violence and relationships). Yet the title is very reflective and contemplative, describing a completely different game than the one I get based on the tags.

The game is described as “fantasy fan fiction”, specifically fanfiction of Baldur’s Gate 3, a fantasy RPG which is itself based on the TTRPG Dungeons & Dragons. As a “party goes on quests and fights stuff”-type game, some of the warnings do make more sense, though the plot is likely much darker than BG3 is (I haven’t played BG3, but I have watched others play briefly at different stages).

TLDR: based on BD3 that is based on D&D, starring lots of warnings and a ghost that won’t die

1 Like