Still using Twine 1 ? A windows installer for 'new' v1.4.3 released

If you or anyone you know is still using the legacy Twine 1.4, a windows installer for a ‘new’ version 1.4.3 has just been released on the Twine 1 github:

The code for 1.4.3 has been sitting on the github for 8 years but had not been packaged into an installable .exe till now.

Version 1.4.3 has a lot of bug fixes - but no new features as all the development work over the last 8 years has been going into Twine 2.

Thanks, I use Twine 1. Are there any changes that might improve stability in Wine on Linux? Not sure if I should bother upgrading.

Hi @pbparjeter - I’m sorry but I don’t have the knowledge to answer your question. Hopefully someone else can help you.

But here’s a link to the list of bug fixes. You might be able to see if these changes are likely to change your use of Twine 1.4:

I’m not sure if this list is complete.

One change that I’ve found that doesn’t seem to be in the list is:
“Changed the default value of the startAt parameter of testBuild() to ‘Start’, so the test play string replacement (“START_AT”) will always have a value during test plays. Story formats may use this to detect a test play and enable any test/debug mode they may have.”

I’m now sure that the bug fix list that I linked to in my last post is NOT complete. The bug list was made 8 years ago, but since then 9 files in the source code have been changed. Best to go to github and open the comments on each file that was changed 7 or 6 years ago - there is usually a description of the changes made.

Thanks. It is not too big a deal…I will try it out when I get a chance.