SQL Errors

The usual amount should be none at all if everything’s working correctly…

I haven’t seen any at all since your fix.

No errors here since the fix as well.

The SQL errors came back last night and have continued this morning.

At the rate of about one a day, an “rpmq” process is getting stuck. These compound until the server is out of memory. I thought it was strictly due to the failed system update from a while back, but that might not be the case.

This morning, I rebooted the server, shut off MySQL and Apache, and attempted to run the system update again. I think there’s something wrong with the rpm package that’s currently installed. However, the update ran for well over an hour without a status update, so ultimately I killed it and rebooted the server again.

I’m still trying to find out what can be done to get the system updated. In the meanwhile, I think I’m going to have to kill stray rpmq processes on a regular basis to keep things running smoothly.

I’ve had memory problems on the server almost since the beginning, which is probably what I get for trying to host on the cheap. Never had significant problems when I leased whole servers, rather than virtual space. Hopefully I’ll come up with a permanent solution that doesn’t involve moving, because that’s usually a weekend project and something I generally dread.