Spring Thing reviews on the go

About the moon/stars/cloud/death:

It’s the opposite direction of what you think. Try it from the bottom up. I don’t remember the exact order, but moon or star is bottom 2 rows, then clouds or death on the top 2 rows.

And the window:

There’s another piece of wood somewhere to cover it up along with the plank. It’s not the clothes. I think maybe it’s the panel from the box.There is a puzzle where you remove a panel from one side of the box. I think you add that to the plank to cover the window.

*Edited to be clearer. Hopefully.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t understand your clues.
I have just opened the glyps side.
Well I don’t figure out how to move on.

1 Like

CONFESSING TO A WITCH

This is a demo, an unfinished game, nevertheless I can guess wich te final result will be. This is a guided game, by now, with wonderful photographs, inmersive music and a intriguing lead way to follow: You are going to declare your love to Juniper, your friend.
The cottage has a huge building inside, and a cat… we will be if we can prepare the recipe, later.

• Jade.
4 Likes

Jade, thanks so much for the recommendation. Glad you like it!

In terms of smartphones, you should be able to increase the size of the fonts. On safari, you can press the aA in the title bar. In Chrome you can press the ... then scroll down to Zoom Text.... But I’ll be the first to admit that there a few puzzles that probably are not optimal for mobile.

I also have a built in hint system (type hint), but when trying it out on my phone, I just realized its not mobile friendly as it doesn’t have any link support. :man_facepalming: I’ll try to fix that tonight.

You were asking about a number? Is this for the combo? Make sure to inspect the timber door carefully.

2 Likes

I think the order of symbols (from top to bottom) follows their order on the bar.

2 Likes

ADRIFT

This is the first game by Pinkunz. I have got a surprise seeing that this is a good game: It is inmersive, original, polished, claustrofobic… I want to survive but I realize my english isn’t enough to get a success in the mission.
I have sent a transcript and a question via PM. I want to finish your game and survive.

• Jade.
6 Likes

ORBITAL DECAY

There are always some space operas in any jam. It is a recurrent theme.
The author explains that this was to be a C64 graphic adventure and I realize it. Good graphics, inmersive music, and a hard scify pov.
I think Kayvan has been incestigating all info around ISS. The result is a simulacionist game, I like that flavour, where you do your actions the right way. If you detach tour helmet you die (there is a bug here, when you are inside the ship you are questionated about taking off the helmet you have previously take off and you die if you do here). You have to do the actions in the right sequence but there is a list in the wall, so this isn’t difficult.
Then you will have to fix and perform some tasks, discovering what have happened to the starship.

Anyway I liked this game very much. The left pannel let’s you turn the music on/off, save/restore the game and the left pannel shows graphics and the text box.

A good game everyone could try.

• Jade.
6 Likes

Wow…you’re too kind. Thanks so much for trying it. Yes…it was a lot of digging into info for things; I added what I thought was best, but it was going to become a “textbook simulator” if I added everything. :smiley: I really wasn’t expecting feedback like this, but I truly appreciate it.

Do you mind sharing where that bug was? JoeyAcrimonious shared one with me that didn’t involve dying, but if you remember where it was I’ll check it out so I can fix. The first airlock? I playtested everything so many times that it became a blur at the end; sorry for missing that!

2 Likes

Yes, I follow the sequence in the first airlock and the game description says I get off the helmet. Afterwards, just before entering the ship I was asked if I want to remove helmet and I died.

1 Like

I have continued playing with inform/glulxe games for more than an hour each and I expect to post here a transcript when finishing any of them.

WRY

I have been procastinating playing inform games becouse or they were marked full lenght or erotic. Wry is a game marked as erotic. This is, as where I have seen, an exageration becouse there is not anything explicit. The protagonist has a vivid full imagination but the game doesn’t invoque explicit commentaries so far.

The game is simulationist and very inmersive . You can examine, search and interact with all the things in descriptions untill third level at least.

As no one before I got stuck and lead to a bad ending.

I think everyone can give it a try.

• Jade.
6 Likes

THE BRIGHT BLUE BALL

An easy, short, candy and lovely game about a dog looking for his ball… during a bombardment.
You will have to accomplish some additional tasks to take back your ball. It is a simply question but takes place in a big town while your masters (parents?) are worry about you.

• Jade.

IF_Transcript.txt (52.3 KB)

5 Likes

LET’S TALK ALEX

So if you are Alex I am supposed to be Andra.

A short and very imaginative (low cost psychology) game where we can see how a couple try to fix and upgrade his relationship.
This festival I have played several games about space, psychologist, fiancees, dogs, hyperspace, fairies… all seems to be in duplicate.
In the reality things often goes upside down, she has the pan for the handle when talking about home things.
Meanwhile you can play several times with same ending.

• Jade
4 Likes

YOU, ME AND A COFFEE

The first thing I have to talk about is that “you” seems to represent many people, more than ten I presume. There are few choices but the options maximize results, so depending on your choice story takes different ways.

To control the game in Android online you have to pick and move up and down your finger to chhose option and to the right in order to choose that option.

A simple game about resuming, or not, a friendly relationship in fron of a coffee in a rainy afternoon.

• Jade.
5 Likes

MA TIGER’S TERRIBLE TRIP

Congratulations Mo Travis, you have got it.
I have played the game with my son twice for two hours, second playthrough tables turned.
My son has a Harvard’s C1 english qualifing but we have had to consult the meaning of some words in the dictionary. Your writing are polished, cult and lead to a n interesting inmersive attention.

About the game: It hit the goal you marked with high note.
The story is inmersive since the cery first choices. Is a serial of twisty ways to show little by little first the relationship between the players and afterwards the plot of the story by itself.
Just from the beggining you receive a letter from some people that want to meet you. This encounter will lead to make some questions and the needing of also give some answers on your own.

The timed part of the game where you have to choice between five options about life and dead leaved me an exquisite excited status

The server program works fine, avoiding the interchange of codes between player as in The Last Night of Alexisgrad that you mention in game’s description. This handshacking is doing properly by the game itself.

I thing this game should be played by all the adventurers between them or with some people around. They will like the gameplay.
Also point at the fact that this game is full replayable.

• Jade.
5 Likes

PHENOMENA

A different approax to UFO experiences based in poems.
You can arrange some poems on your own trying to accomplish no task, only as you want according your preferences. A bit of relaxing fun auto challenge. This game would be accompanied with some enlightening music.
There is no skill or difficulty level, is fully replayable and as longer as you want.

• Jade.
2 Likes