Spring Thing is in a few days! Anyone willing to do some quick Beta testing for my game The Land of Breakfast and Lunch?

The game is not much of a puzzler, it’s more of a mood piece. It’s a small fantasy world with (hopefully) a very rich set of descriptions and interactions. I really want a strong sense of consistency and detail, and would love to have some expert AND novice beta testers who could help me find every little last sharp edge to sand off and some new little fun details to add.

Anyone stuck at home and willing to help?

2 Likes

I volunteer to be one of your novice beta testers.

Jeff

I’ll help.

I’d be happy to help!

1 Like

I’m just taking a look at it now. So far so good.

There seems to be no way to interact with my “brother.” The objects in the toy box are interesting and well-implemented. I see that Forward still works from the couch/toy box location, but the room description doesn’t tell you that. The rooms before it say you can go Forward but this one breaks the pattern by omitting the instruction.

I really like that the game remembers how many times you launched the rocket!

Several things that are in the description are objects you can’t see. See below.

examine junk

The space junk exists on a truly solar system scale. A few of the planets have rings like Saturn composed entirely of broken-up equipment, compressed cubes of trash, metal pieces of every shape and size, in endless streams. Then, another couple of monolithic bands orbit the entire solar system.

examine bands

You can’t see any such thing.

examine metal

examine rings

examine debris

Behind the liquor store

You’ve got your standard collection of broken down boxes, a dumpster, and a stack of pallets. Behind you, the anticlimactic path leads to The Land of Twice Launched Vessels.

enter store

examine boxes

examine dumpster

examine pallets

examine stack

n

The path around the liquor store

You’re on the path around the liquor store. You see the side of the liquor store on one side and a fence on the other side.

examine fence

examine store

You really need to add these items to fit the room descriptions.