Spring Thing 2021 results

This year’s festival is officially closed. The ballots have been tallied, and the Best in Show blue ribbons, awarded to the two entries with the most nominations, go this year to:

In addition, dozens of Audience Award ribbons were submitted by players and are now listed by their games.

Congrats to all the authors, and thanks to all the players and reviewers for providing great reviews and discussions. Thanks also to the prize donors this year for their generosity: Articy Software, Mike Kleine, Felicity Banks, Laralyn McWilliams, and Don Bosco. All the festival games will remain available for play on the Spring Thing site.

Spring Thing will return for 2022!

30 Likes

Congratulations to Grave Snail and Chin Kee Yong!

Also, a huge thank you to everyone who submitted a game and contributed in their own way to the IF-world.

10 Likes

I’m blown away by the positive reception The Weight of a Soul has received. There were so many good entries this year that I thought another game would get Best in Show for sure.

To Aaron, all the other authors, and everyone who took part in the Spring Thing festival: it’s been wonderful, and I loved seeing all the different parts of the IF community come together. This is the kindest and most welcoming community on the internet, and I’m really happy to have had the chance to play so many incredible games.

I’d like to thank everyone for supporting and reviewing the game I worked hard on. It means a lot to me that so many people enjoyed it. Thank you!

18 Likes

Congratulations to the winning authors! Both entries are fantastic and well deserve their ribbons. All the entries this year were great, and if I had to list everything I liked here I think I would run out of space :slightly_smiling_face:

I was also pleasantly surprised by all the positive feedback EJ and I got for our game. Thanks everyone, and I hope to be back next year!

10 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! Very well done. I have yet to play Fish and Dagger but I am not at all surprised that Weight of a Soul received Best in Show.

Thank you to everyone who voted for Excalibur, and for our six audience awards! It was tough to choose three!

11 Likes

Congratulations to both winners for their lovely games! Thanks so much to everyone for participating in this beautiful outpouring of creativity. I really appreciated the opportunity to experience everything this festival brought together.

8 Likes

Yay, congrats to the Best-in-Show winners – and all the audience award winners too! And thanks to Aaron for organizing a great festival.

8 Likes

Lovin’ the Best Use of Endoscopy ribbon. :laughing:

9 Likes

This was a really great experience! I’m grateful for all the reviews my games got and all the other fun games from creators that I was able to play (they were all very well made and innovative) This was definitely a memorable year!

7 Likes

Huge congrats to the winners! I’m looking forward to checking out all the audience awards as well!

It’s been such a fun festival, and I’m so thrilled that we got to share Excalibur and experience so many other great games. Thanks so much for a fantastic Spring Thing!

6 Likes

Congrats to everyone! I want to thank all the authors for making wonderful games, and everyone who played and reviewed the games. It was a very amazing festival and I hope for more fun games in the future.

-Ralfe Rich

5 Likes

Congrats to the winners! And a big THANK YOU to Aaron for his work.

7 Likes

Thank you to Aaron for organising Spring Thing 2021, and to everyone who played, reviewed and nominated games! I’m thrilled to have won two ribbons for Budacanta, and happy to see so many other good games recognised for their individual merits.

8 Likes

Big congrats to the Best In Show winners! Thank you Aaron and to everyone who contributed to the festival as authors, players, prize donors and reviewers. It’s been great to make some new friends, play some truly inventive IF, and I’ve really enjoyed reading peoples’ reviews. So many creative ribbon nominations too! The Thing was everything I’d hoped in terms of a chill and supportive festival. I have a todo list of games still left to play, so I’m looking forward to that in the coming weeks.
Tim

7 Likes

Hi guys !! Congrats to everyone, and a huge thank you for everything :grin:
It was an amazing experience with the kindest community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bisous from France :baguette_bread:

7 Likes

HUGE congratulations to the Best in Show winners; SO well deserved! It was such a joy and honor to participate with so many other incredible games. And thank you so much to everyone who gave Journey to Ultimate Fightdown! such great audience awards, and to everyone who took the time to play and leave such thoughtful feedback! I’m working on my post-mortem now, but the TL;DR is I’m SO FRICKIN EXCITED about all of the changes that are going into the forthcoming Journey to Ultimate Fightdown: Ultimate Edition!, and that is 100% thanks to this forum.

And a HUGE thank you to @aaronius for all of your hard work. It really cannot be OVERstated (ahem :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) what an exemplary job he did-- the entire process was clearly explained, so many resources were shared, emails were returned promptly, changes handled easily, and all while creating an environment that always felt encouraging and supportive. Experiencing that as a newcomer to this field was such a gift, and sets a wonderful example for community engagement that I aspire to provide myself if/when I find myself in such a position.

8 Likes

Congratulations for all these great jobs. We have entertaiment for so long.

Salu2

3 Likes

This forum got bumped up with Aaron’s announcement of Spring Thing 2021, and I’m glad it did. After playing Codex Sadistica in IFComp I wanted to see what else grave snail games would come up with … and here it is!

As someone who missed Spring Thing 2021 but meant to look back–well, in the time waiting for Spring Thing 2022, I have some games to play. Maybe other people do, too.

4 Likes

Games are stocking in a long long TODO list as tree leaves in autum: Spring Thing, Parsercomp, Ectocomp, Talp, etc.
It’s really a great thing all this developments. In XYZZY awards was around 500 titles in a single year.
Let’s enjoy the moment.

• Jade
2 Likes