Sort replies in reverse chronological order

On the old forum, I used to click on an unread message and go to the last post in the thread. The new forum takes me to the top of the thread. Is there any way to sort in reverse chronlogical order?

I did find that I could press the END key and it would take me to the bottom of the thread, which is a fine solution in a destop environment, but not sure how I would do that on a tablet.

Overall, I’m liking the new forum.

If you’ve already read part of a thread, it will take you to the new messages in a thread.

On phone or tablet, there’s a button on the lower right side (the 1/3 or 2/145 kind of button). Clicking on it enables faster scrolling.

I know you can zip to the top of any thread by clicking the title in the banner (not the IF symbol). If you’re already at the top, it will take you to the home page. IF square always takes you to the home page, and AFAICT it works similarly on tablets and phones.

On a mobile screen, if you tap the reply count number on the right (or click it on the desktop), it offers buttons showing the time-range of the posts, and an Up/Down button which directs you to the beginning or the ending of the thread instead of where you last left off. Does that work for you @bikibird?

Yes, I’m starting to get comfortable. Also, went through the discobot tutorial which was helpful. Discobot informs me that I can bring up a list of keyboard shortcuts by pressing the ? key on the keyboard. I’ve been playing around with them. Tried the period key, but it didn’t seem to do anything.

1 Like