Son of Shufflecomp 2015: seeking an organiser.

FinaleComp: Authors write just the last scene of an imaginary epic game that doesn’t exist and players must figure out how to win. (Sort of like the game “Enlightenment”)

Coming late to this thread. I think the sequel comp idea would be doable if it is done like this:

• Authors of existing games contact the organizer and fill out a form saying they would such-and-such a game to be on the candidates for sequels list. (This reduces copyright concerns as well as general hard feelings about someone ruining your work.)

• If the organizer gets a huge amount of games submitted for the candidate list, the list would be limited to a certain size, and submitted games would be chosen randomly.

• Participants in the sequel comp would chose from the list and write a sequel. Some games may get no sequels, others would get more than one (which is where the comp would get interesting).

• Participants would not expect official sanction of their work. A game produced in the comp would not be viewed as an official sequel unless it gets the blessing of the author(s) of the original game.

One benefit I see of such a comp would not just be new games and new interpretations, but older, more obscure (but worthwhile) games might be brought to people’s attention.

So, like, did we ever reach a verdict on whether or not we were doing ShuffleComp Classic this year? Because uh I already got my 8 songs picked out.

Me too, pretty much!

Where we last left it, Neil was going to be running Shufflecomp 2, at much the same time and with much the same setup as last year.

Yes, I plan on organizing ShuffleComp this year, and it should follow the same idea, format, and timing as last year’s competition. Accordingly, the official announcement will be made about Feb. 15, which I like because it falls just after the Parser Comp games are due.

Neil

I added Shufflecomp II to my text game event list. Since I couldn’t find a picture I made one out of music video screenshots.

bluerenga.wordpress.com/2015/01 … r-in-2015/