Somekind of visual bug "Maybe"

Please specify version and format if asking for help, or apply optional tags above:
Twine Version: 2.3.5

Story Format: Harlowe 3.1.0
So i was trying to make a game, and i pressed one of the buttons “highlighted in red” and all my nodes or boxes became all smashed in one place, and i can’t move them… can someone help me?

Also i tried to load a file online the same problem, so it’s not a visual bug…
It looks that file somehow file got corrupted but when i load in text editor it looks all normal…

If I had to guess, I’d say it probably has to do with the “Story files with malformed positions aren’t handled gracefully” bug in Twine.

If so, then the solution is to publish the file to HTML, then delete it from Twine. Then, make a backup of that published HTML file, just in case you make a mistake in the next step. Next, open the (non-backup) HTML file in a decent text editor (e.g. Notepad++), do a search on “<tw-passagedata” and take a look at the position="" values to make sure that they’re both valid integers. If you find any that are “undefined”, “NaN” (Not a Number), or a number with a bunch of decimal places, then you’ll want to change them to an integer. For example, if you find:

<tw-passagedata pid="2" name="X" tags="" position="2477.6666666666665,NaN" size="100,100">

then you’d want to change that to something like this:

<tw-passagedata pid="2" name="X" tags="" position="2478,400" size="100,100">

Do that for all passages with messed up positions, then save the HTML file and import it back into Twine.

If you don’t see any messed up positions, try importing it back to Twine as-is and see if that fixes it.

Hopefully that will do the trick! :slight_smile: