Some new forum themes to try

Dracula looks nice, but it appears to be very similar to the basic Dark theme just with purple and green buttons. We already have a lot of themes that I suspect may not be in use, but I may take a closer look at Dracula later.

1 Like

Hi, Hanon. It only occurs when I’ve dismissed all my unread topics. If there are things in my unread topics, it appears fine.

Thanks from me too for this thread. I’m another who had absolutely no idea we could change the theme! Now very happily using Dark, which I find more restful, while still having decent contrast and text not too small.

1 Like

Cool! So might be color temperature or energy-saving settings on your monitor. If you play with those, maybe bump contrast or brightness up a little. Alien Night also features that handy light/dark toggle. But there are other themes to try.

I was actually at different times rocking Vincent and even Ghost for a while - as garish as it is it’s actually very readable. I also prefer subtle dark themes; I like Geometric since it’s dark and colorful.

Monitor settings wouldn’t affect the screenshot image, so I think something really must be wrong.

1 Like

Yes, what Dannii’s said here. If it were my monitor, then the screen shot I shared would look fine for you. Does it?

Hm. I’ve set the Alien Night theme to not load a Google font. If you refresh the browser, does it still do the same thing?

I can reproduce it in Alien Night. It’s because the help info on the unread page is set to the “primary” colour. Should the primary and second colours in Alien Night be swapped? But I’m not sure what else that might effect.

Reported this to the theme creator:

I think the creator of Alien Night considers it to be a legacy theme now, so we might just need to replace it with another dark mode theme.

2 Likes

One! One more dark mode theme to choose from! Ah…ah…ah…

Behold, Dracula:

I’m digging it. Dark purply with a eeety bit of green. It’s a plummy vibe I can get behind.

1 Like

I have to say I’m really loving Dracula. It’s a soft dark theme with a pleasant pastel vibe, the font is fun but functional, and purple is my favorite color so I’m luxuriating in all this purple. Thanks so much for implementing it!

2 Likes

Yes, Dracula is totally my jam now and I have it set on all the devices I use!

It’s dark without feeling drab. Prior to this I was using Geometric.

2 Likes

If you guys like it so much, check Dracula’s full list of supported apps. You can set it on Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Discord, Notepad++, Telegram, Photoshop, and apps galore!

1 Like