[SOLVED]"Entering" as the action for "going in"

Still working on my Inform port of “Waiting for The End,” I’ve come across a problem trying to redirected an “IN” command to the action of entering an object.

I see that “going in” is not a recognized action. I can’t use a phrase like “Instead of going in when the location is the Middle.” It seems like the “IN” command is associated with the action of “entering.” So, I use “Instead of entering in the Middle,” but it doesn’t work. Typing “IN” doesn’t trigger “ENTER CAVE”:

Instead of entering when the location is the Middle: if the cave is in the location: try entering the cave instead; otherwise: continue the action.

I also have an “instead” rule for “going nowhere when the location is the Middle”. The “continue the action” in the above code is supposed to trigger the response for “going nowhere when the location is the Middle” if that cave isn’t there yet.

I’ve done something similar in something I’m working on now. Below I’ve modified your code to something similar to what I did.

Instead of going inside when the location is the Middle: if the cave is in the location: try entering the cave instead; otherwise: continue the action.

I had to use the phrase “going inside” instead of “going in”. When I did that, IN works in my scenario.

Ah… “going inside” is right. Thank you, very much.