Shufflecomp Signup

When will we be receiving our playlists?

oops

So apparently I have voluntarily chosen to drink from the firehose. Well, fine. BRING IT.

Enough people were flustered by the ‘is this new to anyone’ guideline that I’ve added some clarification.

(For the record, with 21 intents and 168 tracks registered thus far, the overlap is vanishingly small. I count four artists who have been selected by more than one entrant. And one song.)

I’ll add, I would be completely delighted to see anything off the Eagles’ Greatest Hits show up on my list. Regardless of whether the album sold 42 million copies. (I like the idea of making a game for a song I know!)

Yeah, there was some conversation on the mud earlier to the effect that Hotel California is actually something of a natural for an escape-the-room/building game…

And You Can Never Leave works pretty well for the title.

So, since new intents have slowed down a bit and I thought it might be interesting, here’s a graph of the songs submitted so far, by year:

[attachment=0]songsbyyear.GIF[/attachment]

(There were a small number of songs before 1964, but so few, and so spaced apart, that I thought it best to exclude them from the graph.)

Phew, 1982 was a terrible year for pop music.

[Edit: actually, in the UK, it was a good year for fans of The Jam. I nearly submitted their 1980 hit That’s Entertainment.]

We’re up to 32 intents. Daaaaamn.

(More interestingly, there are fifteen artists, and one song, that have been chosen by 2+ entrants. The list amuses me highly, and we may need to play a guessing game with it once the comp’s underway.)

My guess is there hasn’t been any doubling up of psuedonyms submitted.

That would be… improbable.

(Also, I totally did not expect this, but I’m using quite a lot of reserve pool songs. So if you thought about the reserve pool but then were all ‘nah, they’ll never get used’, the joke is ON YOU.)

Er, mind if I ask if Everything is Awesome is the one song picked by 2+ people? I’m, uh, asking for a friend.

No fair playing the guessing game before it’s begun!

But no. That song does not appear once.

Wooho! I’m home safe!

Er, but nobody pick that one, okay?

Oh man someone needs to make that game so hard.

X CLOCK
It’s awesome!

A Nobel Prize and a piece of string are awesome things in Everything.