Short reviews about IF Comp 2020 games on the go

Well, first of all, I want to explain that I’m going to copy and paste some little reviews or appointments about games I have already played. For advance I will comment some games deeply.

This is an “ON THE GO” gamming couse I play in an Android phone.

Best regards.

5 Likes

VAN LIFE

A simple didactic strategy game more than a if adventure game.
I liked the appointments of filosophical content and the instructions related to solar panel and his issues.

AT NIGHT

Ok, so this game is a fresh one butI dont like to fight and die in a choice based novel.
Sound effects are good and efficient to create an inmersive history.

1 Like

BABYFACE

I liked to play this choice based game.
This is a game with some gothic tendence and I loved it.
The sounds and photograps as a way to advance in the story are quite grateful

THE CALL OF INNSMOUTH

This game can kill u as almost all based on HP novels.A good ambientation creares a perfect in game atmosphere.
In addition I can say that it seems pretty linear to me. As this game is replayable the adventure can extend up two hours as said in the briefing.

A CALLING OF DOGS

Another inmersive choice election game developed in ink and based in HP novels.
Its too much gore for my taste, but I appreciate the work involved in this development.
At the very end of all I get my freedom back

Captain Graybeard’s Plunder

I liked the various fonts and the left sided window in wich I can see as a captain all the changes in my ship.The various related sea and sails novels evoqued brings an inmersive atmosphere to this game

THE CAVE

A well written story that lead to me to some obscure cavern I evoque that I had explored before on my own.
The music helps to get an inmersive atmosphere, hearing drops of water falling down to the floor.

1 Like

CONGEE

A truly sensitive story, well done!
As brief explains this is a story about family love, friendship and human response to friend needs of help and love.
Music and photos are amazing. I also enjoyed whattsap simulation in the game.

Congrats.

THE PLACE

Its a little choice adventure, it has some interesting multimedia and ask some questions to personalize the experience.
I liked to play it.

THE SHADOW IN THE SNOW

I liked the ambientation from the beggining but after about ten attempts I DIE all the times. I like games and novels in witch someting happens and… I dislike dying.

SOUND

An inusual game about souns, voices and I dont know what more things.
I have to confess that I get lost in the growing wall of text towards the end…

STONED APE HYPHOTESYS

An amazing story with various minigames implemented. It has a brilliant and original idea.
Its a choice game well implemented and with ingame help.

THE TOURNIP

A lineal, easy to go and play shortgame about… a tournip

YOY COULDNT HAVE DONE THAT

An intersesting aproaching to an interesting theme. The changes in the screen from pink to gray are not casual and you can try to revert the situation. Music are quite beautiful as well.

TURBO HAIR CHEST MASSACRE

I wanna say this game is … a different one. It’s complicated couse there’re too many redherrings.
On the oher hand eventhough there was various ways to finish with our problem, the game is not a puddle one.
So, I enjoyed it playing as a communitaty game. Three man finished it in four hours!

Best regards.

Hi, thanks for your comments.

When I do a text or graphic text adventure, I try not to lose its value as a game.

Personally I don’t just want to express a story I want to play it. The game carries risk / reward. It’s a risk that I take when trying to go on an adventure, I know that a lot of IF game consumers are not so interested in the game aspect :frowning:.

The next one may just be an interactive story to cover more audiences. At least I hope that the time you were playing was not a bad time :grin:. Thank you!

1 Like

THE MOON WED SATURN

Mmm, I enjoyed this push and pull sensitive situation.
This is a real game like life itself,
And I think everyone, one way or another, have been living this kind of situations: Emotional vs rational choices just in front a friend, family member, work inmate or whatsoever

1 Like

MOTHER TONGUE

Weird thing, learning an idiom by whatsapp. I standed up till the end and replayed the game twice.
Its a different way for creating a game.
If you like this proposal, you’ll enjoy this game.

MOVE ON

I started this game reading deeply the first four pages and pressing move on, but always getting the same final. I dont understand ahow I can change my ending. The game works in portrait mode, I don’t like portrait games but this time there is no difference