Share your text adventures made with chatpgt or other AIs

Do you want to share the text adventures you made with chatgpt?

Input was something like this: Write me a text adventure with much flavor text, about a haunted mansion in the woods in Inform 7 Code.

The Haunted Mansion is a text adventure game.

The story begins when the player is a brave adventurer who has heard rumors of a haunted mansion deep in the woods. Despite the warnings of the villagers, the player decides to investigate the mansion for themselves.

The mansion is a room. "The mansion is surrounded by a high wall, and the gates are locked. You see a faint light coming from one of the windows."

The garden is a room. "You make your way through the overgrown garden, you can't shake the feeling that you're being watched. You hear the rustling of leaves behind you and turn to see a ghostly figure emerging from the shadows."

The ghost is a person. "The ghost approaches you, its glowing eyes fixed on yours."

Instead of going when the player is in the garden and the ghost is in the garden:
    say "You try to run, but your legs feel heavy and your feet seem stuck to the ground."
    move the player to the mansion.

To say hello to the ghost:
    say "Who are you?"
    say "I am the ghost of the mansion," the ghost replies in a hollow voice. "I have been trapped here for centuries, doomed to haunt these halls forever."

The ghost room is a room. "As the ghost speaks, you begin to understand the true horror of what happened in this place."

The mansion is a supporter. The ghost room is a supporter.

The player is carrying a flashlight. The flashlight is a light source. The flashlight is switched off.

Instead of switching on the flashlight:
    say "You turn on your flashlight and the beam illuminates the room."

The corridor is a room. "You explore the dark corridors and musty rooms, searching for clues and trying to uncover the secrets of the past."

The secret room is a room. "As you delve deeper into the mansion, you encounter more ghosts and other supernatural creatures."

Instead of going when the player is in the corridor and the ghost is in the secret room:
    say "The ghost blocks your path and won't let you pass."

To escape the mansion:
    if the player is in the mansion and the player has the key:
        say "You use the key to unlock the gates and escape the haunted mansion."
        end the game in victory.
    if the player is in the mansion:
        say "You use all your wits and courage to survive the night and unravel the mysteries of the haunted mansion."
        end the game in victory.
    otherwise:
        say "You become just another ghost trapped within the walls of the haunted mansion."
        end the game in defeat.

The key is an object. It is in the ghost room. "As you search the secret room, you find a key hidden in a crevice behind a painting."

Instead of taking the key:
    say "You take the key and slip it into your pocket."
    move the key to the player.

Maybe it does not work, but I find it interesting non the less :slight_smile:

You can try chatgpt here: https://chat.openai.com/chat

3 Likes

I’ve actually been experimenting with having it design a game piecemeal.

Design a single room in Inform 7. Make it the grand entrance of a dilapidated abandoned hotel. Include lots of implemented objects and scenery. Include how objects in that room smell, taste, and feel.

Then,

Design another room in Inform 7. Make it the coat closet in the same dilapidated abandoned hotel. Include lots of implemented objects and scenery. Include coats and openable luggage. Include how objects in that room smell, taste, and feel.

And so on and so forth…

It’s been working disturbingly well thus far.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to make it write ink stories. It doesn’t know ink but it can learn on the fly. You can tell it to add * for choices and more * for nested choices.

Another successful method is to give it a template like:

Playable result (in french) : https://n24m5jdq.play.borogove.io/

2 Likes