We’ve got a bunch of great games to try this month, most of which didn’t come out in the last 30 days, but who’s counting?
• Some great interactive fiction games were nominated for the IGF Excellence in Narrative award. We’ve already playing the winning game, “80 Days,” at a past meetup, but we could try “Coming Out Simulator 2014,” “PRY,” or maybe “Ice-Bound” if I can get my hands on a copy before the meetup.
• intfiction.org ran a poll to select the Top 50 IF games of all time. We could try some of them! https://intfiction.org/t/2015-interactive-fiction-top-50-the-results/8231/1 Photopia was the winning game; it’s nice and short.
• Choice of Games has a new game out! “The Hero of Kendrickstone.” “Can a wanna-be hero like you rescue the city of Kendrickstone, held hostage by an evil wizard and his troop of black-clad soldiers? Face down fierce foes with spell, sword, or silver tongue. Outwit cunning rivals, cement your fledgling reputation, and maybe, just maybe, make enough money to pay your rent!”
• ParserComp finished. It turns out that we played the winning game, “Chlorophyll,” at the last meetup, but we could try the 2nd-place game, “Oppositely Opal.”
• At some point we’ve got to get around to Ryan Veeder’s “Someone Keeps Moving My Chair,” a prequel to “The Statue Got Me High.”
As always, please RSVP so we know how much food to bring!
When: Saturday, April 4, 2015 1:00 PM
Where: Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment
610 16th st
Oakland, CA 94612
This Meetup repeats on the 1st Saturday of every month.