Seltani Jam — and Playthrough Sept 19

At a recentish Oxford/London IF Meetup, some participants expressed an interest in writing for, and playing with, Seltani.

If you’re not familiar with it, Seltani is Andrew Plotkin’s multiplayer choice-based narrative platform. It lets players explore a shared environment, view each others’ actions, and change the world in ways that will affect others — in some respects like a MUD — but unlike a MUD, it’s navigated through clickable links.

So the Meetup is hosting a jam. And because Seltani work is best experienced with others, it’s a jam tied to a playthrough event. On September 19, we’ll get together and play some Seltani games together, starting with any new pieces that have been submitted for our consideration.

If we don’t get a lot of contributions, that’s fine, and we’ll play some of Seltani’s existing content together. But if you’re interested in building a Seltani game and then seeing it actually experienced by a multiplayer crew, this is a way to do that.

Our meetup page will let you sign up for the playthrough part of the experience, or let us know you’re submitting something.

You’re very welcome to join us even if you’re not up for writing a game — it’s a friendly group, and as we’ve been online for the past year and a half or so, we’ve enjoyed having a lot of out-of-town visitors drop in.

Hope to see some of you there!

7 Likes

I am in. This sounds well and may be amazing.
I played all myst gamws and I have an Uru live account.

Let’s in to see this growing world.

1 Like