Seeking testers for 'Who Kidnapped Mother Goose?'

I recently requested testers for my Text Adventure Literacy Jam 2024 entry ‘The Samurai and the Kappa’ and got some really good feedback. However, I think this game is too hard for beginners, so I will delay releasing it until a little later. I may enter it in ParserComp, tutorial and all.

In the meantime, I’ve quickly whipped up a new game based on an unfinished project. (I have lots of unfinished projects, so that’s never a problem.) As the title implies, someone has kidnapped Mother Goose and it’s up to you to rescue her.

The game makes lots of references to Mother Goose’s nursery rhymes and many of the characters in those nursery rhymes make an appearance in the game. However, the characters are all much older than they were in the nursery rhymes. Knowledge of the nursery rhymes is not required, but there are a lot of funny responses that may go over your head if you’re not familiar with them.

I’m looking for testers that would be willing to put it through its paces. As it was written in a hurry, it may be a bit rough around the edges, but hopefully not too rough. I’m testing, doing some fine tuning and adding conversation topics now, and expect it to be ready for testing within the next day.

If you’d like to give it a test, please send me a personal message and I’ll send you the url and password. The test version will be a z-code file, so you’ll need to download it and play it with your favourite z-code interpreter. The final version will also be playable online.

2 Likes

About how long is it? If it’s less than an hour, I can take a look at it.

1 Like

Hard to say. If you’re in an exploratory mood, there’s lots to do and you can ask people about lots of things. (There’s about a dozen NPCs.) Otherwise, I’d say about an hour, but you’d need to allow longer than that for testing, so let’s say two hours minimum.