Seeking testers for 'The Mystery of Winchester High'

I am seeking testers for my entry in Text Adventure Literacy Jam 2023. In accordance with the rules of the comp, the game has a tutorial at the start, it should be suitable for beginners, you cannot get killed and you cannot get into any unwinnable situations. Hopefully.

You play the part of a student at a high school that was formerly a mansion owned by a rich philanthropist named Frederick H Winchester III. Winchester bequeathed his mansion to the city of Dunedin to be turned into a school, but the remainder of his vast fortune was never found and its whereabouts became known as ‘The Mystery of Winchester High’.

Without going into too much detail, it’s up to you to solve the mystery.

This game is a real retro puzzlefest. There are a couple of original puzzles, but the bulk of the game consists of fairly typical adventure tropes. However, there is a rich story and a lot of detail to tie it all together.

If you’d like to test it, send me a personal message and I’ll send you the download link and password. It’s only a small game and should only take an hour or so to play, probably double that to test it. I’d like to get feedback by (say) 24 May 2023, as submissions close on 31 May 2023.

EDIT: Incidentally, it’s a z-code game, so requires a z-code interpreter.

6 Likes

I’m interested but can’t guarantee my availablility…

3 Likes

Same. But it sounds interesting enough to get me wanting to test…

3 Likes

I have plenty of testers now. Thanks to all those who responded. There are already some great comments coming in, so I’ll probably be busy doing updates over the next two weeks.

5 Likes