SeedComp Translations

Hello everyone!

As a quick update, we’re wrapping up work on updating the website (the current live version of seedcomp.org is still from last year). It needed some serious overhaul to accommodate changes to the SeedBank and whatnot. Once that work is done, we were hoping to reach out to same individuals who helped us with translation last year (French and Spanish, thanks again!) to update the French and Spanish text in a non-cringey machine-translated way.

With that said, now’s the time to speak up if you would like to see SeedComp expand to another language. If you are able and willing, hit us up for the text. If you send us a translation in your language, we’ll put it up (after quickly verifying with machine translation that you aren’t pranking us :wink: ).

If you would like to see the web site in your own language but don’t have the ability to translate it yourself, comment in this topic, so we, and more importantly, people who have translation skills, know that there’s demand.

We want to be as inclusive as possible, so please don’t hesitate if you have sincere interest.

9 Likes

It might be easier if you do the machine translation first, then the translators can just do corrections to that.

3 Likes

That’s a valid point. I thought about that as well, but I’ve had some people express that they’d prefer to work with the original text. So, then I thought I could just offer both and let them decide. Then I thought some more and realized they would be just as capable of copy and paste into google translate as I am.

Tl;dr: I’ll let the translators decide what’s best without input from the monolinguist (me).

6 Likes

I can do the Italian. Tell me where do you want me to send the translation, if you’re OK with it.

6 Likes

That sounds great! Don’t do anything just yet! The text publicly available on seedcomp.org is still not this year’s text. I can send you the raw English text in a DM soon. Thank you for offering to translate!

1 Like

Hello! I can do Portuguese (only the Brazilian one though) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll DM you the English text as soon as I’m done.

1 Like

hi, I can translate into German!

2 Likes

Does this mean that you will accept works in any language?

1 Like

We do!
(though be warned that you may get less interactions with your seed/game)

2 Likes

Yeah, Manon is 100% right. SeedComp doesn’t have an official language, and, other than the best in show, is meant to be mostly noncompetitive, focusing more on creativity and collaboration. We can’t guarantee how much interaction you’ll get, but, short of hateful content, submissions of virtually all types are welcome, especially in the seed round.

2 Likes

I could help with the translation into Russian. I think it would be an interesting experience.

1 Like