SeedComp! - The Re-Planting! šŸŒ± - Time to Plant~

OK, I think Iā€™ve planted a seed. But joining the discord was just nuts (buggy). I think Iā€™ll stick with intfiction.org for communication.

6 Likes

Care to elaborate? Was it a Discord issue or a SeedComp server issue? I use Discord all the time and I really like it.

2 Likes

From our end it looked like you landed fine. Twice, even.

1 Like

Thatā€™s two different accounts. He may have had trouble setting up the initial account and (perhaps unknowingly) set up a second account.

1 Like

Good point.

The Waste Land; a comedy of mannersā€¦

Such a jolly-wolly month, this April
Jeeves planting daisies in a heap of manureā€¦

4 Likes

It was a discord problem. Said it wouldnā€™t let me post unless my email was verified, but wouldnā€™t let me verify my email. I ended up deleting my account and starting over, at which point it let me post and didnā€™t even ask for an email verification.

5 Likes

Just think how horrifying Jabberwocky could be with a few tweaks!

Edit:
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame
Raised one wicked claw
And smashed his brain.

5 Likes

This may be something youā€™re aware of already, but: as long as it is entirely your own work, you own the copyright and can re-license it however you want, including any of the CC licences. (You canā€™t rescind the old license for the changes youā€™ve already released, though!)

3 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s true, every author can decide to offer a choice of licenses.

I chose AGPL for my project because I was developing a work which is at its core was a piece of software.

That isnā€™t a good fit for the planting round because the contributions arenā€™t complete, functioning works. They are either media assets or they are little scraps of ideas which canā€™t be too prescriptive or they couldnā€™t hope to appeal to the full field of participants.

So thanks for taking the time to consider this question, but I think it came up mostly because I hadnā€™t understood what the planting round was really about. Itā€™s not for teeing up an old WIP so you can use the Jam to finish it off, itā€™s for chipping into a pool of common ideas which serves to give the competition a shared vibe.

I get it now :smile:.

5 Likes

(Bolding my own.)

You got it.

It engenders creativity and collaboration. Also, sometimes you have good idea, but you know you arenā€™t the right person for it. Itā€™s good to cross-pollinate.

6 Likes

New seed planted. Have fun!

6 Likes

Another seed planted! Game idea and art. Man, this is fun. Deciding on a seed to write a game for is so hard, though.

7 Likes

I have submitted various concepts, or seeds, for Seedcomp. Have fun trying to extract some ideas based on the concepts given! (Spoiler alert: the Matilda one is the one that Iā€™m hoping somebody would use it as the starting point for, well, their own product.)

7 Likes

I forgot to make it public until now!
But!
This is the official SeedComp! account on itch. It will upload the Auto-Re-enrolled seed for each new edition of the SeedComp :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Third (and probably last) seed planted!

(I like this one a lot.)

5 Likes

Can someone please correct this one:

2 Likes

Ooops sorry. Done!

3 Likes

I decided to just pour multiple random ideas I had while dreaming into a single .txt file and call that one seed because Iā€™m too lazy to separate them out.

my dreams are pretty coherent and I filtered to only include (what I think are) the coolest ones.

3 Likes

* GASP *

What did I just find?? A beautiful piece which I hope somebody takesā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes