Search for the Lost Ark Invisiclues Hints

General Hints

• You can type HINT at any time to get a hint. The hint you get depends on what room you’re in. (But those hints weren’t enough for me; I had to read a walkthrough. So I wrote this guide, so you could get just a minimal set of the hints you need, supplementing the in-game hints.)
  • Start by exploring all of the rooms you can access without solving any puzzles. Without solving any puzzles, you should be able to access these rooms: Outside Church, Graveyard, Nave of Church, Transept, South Transept, Sanctuary, South Forest, Cave Entrance, Forest, North Forest, Clearing West of Forest, Path, Road (OPEN THE GATE in “Path”), End of Road, East of Vicarage, South of Vicarage, Living Room (OPEN THE DOOR in “West of Vicarage”), North of Vicarage, Path through Forest, and Shore of Pond.

How do I unlock the doors in the church?

Type HINT in the Nave of the Church.

You need to dig up a key. Start by exploring all of the rooms you can access without solving any puzzles. (See “General Hints,” above.)

There’s fresh earth in the Graveyard; the key is with Father Matisse’s body. DIG.

You’ll need a tool to dig it up. If you explore all of the rooms you can access without solving puzzles (see General Hints, above), and you’ve thoroughly examined everything, you’ve seen a tool you can use.

In the Road, south of the Path (OPEN THE GATE in “Path”) there’s a trench.

EXAMINE THE TRENCH. TAKE THE SHOVEL. Then return to the Graveyard and DIG.

OPEN THE COFFIN. TAKE THE KEY. Now you can return to the church’s Nave, or to the Transept, and UNLOCK THE DOOR in either the Nave or the Transept room with the silver key.

How do I get past the Cave Entrance?

You need a tool to deal with the wall.

If you explore all of the rooms you can access without solving puzzles (see General Hints, above), you’ve seen a tool you can use.

In the Road, south of the Path (OPEN THE GATE in “Path”) there’s a sledge hammer.

Get the hammer, go to the Cave Entrance, then HIT THE WALL WITH THE HAMMER.

The Cave is too dark. How do I see in here?

You need a light source.

If you explore all of the rooms you can access without solving puzzles (see General Hints, above), you’ve seen a light source you can use.

There’s a candle in the Sanctuary.

When you bring the candle outside, it goes out. You’ll have to find another way to light it.

There are matches in the South Transept.

Take the matches and the candle, enter the Cave, and LIGHT THE CANDLE WITH THE MATCHES.

What should I do about the stump?

You can’t deal with the stump until you’ve dealt with the cave. See “How do I get past the Cave Entrance?” and “The Cave is too dark” above.

Type HINT and do what it says, then, do it again.

Examine the stump very carefully.

EXAMINE ROOTS. EXAMINE HOLE.

You need to put something in that hole. It’s “about the width of a candle.” (But it’s not the candle.)

Bring the dynamite from the cave and PUT THE DYNAMITE IN THE HOLE.

LIGHT THE DYNAMITE WITH THE MATCHES.

You must leave the clearing before the dynamite goes off. GO EAST. WAIT. WAIT.

Once the dynamite goes off, you can return to the clearing, then GO DOWN into the hole.

How do I open the chest?

Type HINT. At first, it might say “Come back when you have found all the numbers.”

You can’t open the chest until you’ve found five hidden bible verses. (Take notes, because the game randomizes the verses every time you play!)

• In the ground floor of the church

It’s in the Sanctuary.

Type HINT in the Sanctuary.

TAKE THE BIBLE.

READ THE MESSAGE on the lectern after you take the Bible.

• In the cave

LIGHT THE CANDLE WITH THE MATCHES in the cave, as you did before.

READ THE WRITING.

• In the church steeple

You can’t get in there until you unlock the doors in the church. See “How do I unlock the doors in the church?”

Once you’ve unlocked and opened the door in the Nave, you can GO NORTH, then GO UP to get to the steeple.

The Steeple’s room description says, “The steeple itself is made from local stone and warrants a closer inspection.”

EXAMINE THE STEEPLE.

READ THE ENGRAVING.

• In the pond

You can’t solve this one until you’ve found the engraving in the steeple, above.

There’s a diving suit in the steeple. Take it and bring it to the pond. REMOVE THE CASSOCK. WEAR THE SUIT. GO NORTH. DROP ALL. GO NORTH.

In the Pond, GO DOWN.

At the Bottom of the Pond, EXAMINE THE REEDS.

SEARCH THE REEDS. GO NORTH.

EXAMINE THE BOULDER. EXAMINE THE CARVING. READ IT.

• Near the vicarage

You can’t find this until you’ve unlocked the doors in the church. See “How do I unlock the doors in the church?”

You need to unlock the bedroom door and go north of the Living Room in the Vicarage. (But Alucard won’t let you.)

You have to get rid of Alucard first.

EXAMINE ALUCARD. ASK HIM ABOUT HIMSELF.

Alucard is a vampire. (Did you notice his name is “Dracula” spelled backwards?)

The object you need is in the church, behind one of the locked doors.

It’s in the North Transept, north of the Transept. (You’ll have to unlock the door first with the silver key.)

TAKE THE CRUCIFIX.

Return to Alucard and SHOW THE CRUCIFIX TO ALUCARD.

EXAMINE THE ASHES.

SEARCH THE ASHES.

TAKE THE IRON KEY. UNLOCK THE DOOR. OPEN IT. GO NORTH.

Search the Bedroom thoroughly.

LOOK UNDER THE BED. There’s a ladder there that you can use.

Find the right place to drop the ladder.

It’s near the Vicarage. Use the HINT command.

DROP THE LADDER in the “West of Vicarage” room. GO UP.

On the Roof of the Vicarage, EXAMINE THE ROOF.

EXAMINE THE PAINTING.

READ IT.

At last, you have five bible verses. HINT says that “Moses can lead you to the sequence.”

READ THE BIBLE.

LOOK UP CONTENTS IN BIBLE. Then CONSULT THE BIBLE ABOUT each verse. For example, if one of your verses is Genesis 1:9, CONSULT THE BIBLE ABOUT GENESIS 1:9.

EXAMINE THE CHEST. Now, to open the chest, you have to type in the right combination, like this: ENTER 12345. The bible verses are essential to figuring out the combination.

The combination is not based on the chapter and verse numbers. For example, if one of your verses is Genesis 6:19, the “6” and the “19” have nothing to do with opening the chest.

The text of each verse has something very subtle in common.

The text of each verse mentions a number word, like “one,” “two,” “three,” or “four.” Using the text of those five verses, you should be able to find five number words. But in what order should you use the numbers?

LOOK UP CONTENTS IN BIBLE.

You have five verses containing five number words from the five books of Moses. Sort the number words in the sequence in which they appear in the Bible: Genesis first, then Exodus, then Leviticus, then Numbers, and, finally, Deuteronomy. Then, ENTER the combination in the chest, with numerals. (If you’re having trouble, post a reply with the text of your five bible verses in a [spoiler] tag, below.)

Where is the ark?

Start by exploring all of the rooms you can access without solving any puzzles.

Without solving any puzzles, you should be able to access these rooms: Outside Church, Graveyard, Nave of Church, Transept, South Transept, Sanctuary, Outside Church, South Forest, Forest, North Forest, Clearing West of Forest, Path, Road, End of Road, East of Vicarage, South of Vicarage, Living Room (open the door in “West of Vicarage”), North of Vicarage, Path through Forest, and Shore of Pond.

Examine everything in the Clearing West of Forest, the room to the west of North Forest.

The ark is under the stump. See “What should I do about the stump?”

Once you’ve removed the stump, you can go down into the hole. The ark is in that chest. See “How do I open the chest?”

I have the ark. What now?

Type HINT in the Hole while you’re holding the Ark.

Bring it back to the altar, in the Sanctuary, then PUT THE ARK ON THE ALTAR.

8 Likes

Thanks, Dan.

Of all the Bible references, I get the feeling that players are most likely to have trouble finding the last one in your hints, i.e. the one on the roof of the vicarage. If you examine the roof of the vicarage from the steeple, then you’ll know that you have to go there.

There are lots of hints that Father Alucard is a vampire, if you know your vampire lore from books and movies. Once you get past him and find the ladder, you can drop the ladder on any of the four sides of the vicarage to climb onto the roof.

Also, I should point out that your final objective is stated in the prologue, but people tend to forget about that once they’re deep into the game.

5 Likes

I actually got that one first, because I decided to go exploring first.

I pretty quickly suspected something was off about the NPC nearby!

The final one I got was the one in the cave, because I hadn’t mapped carefully and was in a rush as it was late in ParserComp, so I merged the two forest areas together in my mind. Once I mapped things carefully, I noticed a place I hadn’t been.

3 Likes