Save Ink story?

I just started reading/playing Copper Canyon, a Wild West story written in Ink. It starts off really good, but I know I’m not going to be able to finish it tonight.

How do I save my progress?

Thanks.

1 Like

You can’t. :frowning:

The default HTML file that Ink outputs (which that game seems to use) doesn’t support saving. I wrote an HTML/JS player that supports saving here, and someone made a version here that I think should be incorporated into the engine eventually, but if it’s not already in the HTML file you’re playing now, you’re out of luck. Sorry.

1 Like

Thanks.

It seems I’ll have to set aside an uninterrupted evening to read it in one go. (Or leave my computer running overnight.)

In the future if you run across another Ink game that doesn’t seem to have a save feature, you can use my HTML/JS files to run it, if you like. You just need to rename their JSON file to story.js (which is the default name for it anyway, I believe) and drop it in next to my files and it should “just work”.

1 Like

It’s not that long, I think you can play through it in an hour or so.

2 Likes

Lectrote has an Ink interpreter (loads story.json files). It doesn’t have a save option, but it autosaves when you close the window.

3 Likes