RPN Calculators

I’m thinking Japanese is better match. They have verb at the end of their sentences. Ringo taberu = Apple eat.

So do Germans: apfel essen = apple eat.

1 Like

Ich apfel essen!
Edit:
Google translate says:
Ich esse den Apfel
Ringo o taberu

I’m unfamiliar with “den”. I know der/die/das only.

“Ich esse den Apfel” is indeed correct. The verb-at-the-end thing mostly occurs with verb phrases (eating an apple – einen Apfel essen), forms involving participles (I have eaten an apple – Ich habe einen Apfel gegessen), and infinitive constructs (We meet to eat apples – Wir treffen uns, um Äpfel zu essen). Occasionally leads to awkward situations for interpreters.

In German, articles change along with the cases (Nominativ, Akkusativ, Dativ, Genitiv): der Apfel, den Apfel, dem Apfel, des Apfels.

1 Like

OK, you two win! What’s the maximal score in this game? :slight_smile:

it is not I who have not eaten the food that is not the apple. Not I have not eaten the not apple.
Ich bin es nicht, der das Essen nicht gegessen hat, das nicht der Apfel ist. Nicht ich habe den Apfel nicht gegessen.

I may be pushing it there.

DON’T EAT THE APPLE
I don’t know the word “DON’T”

Maximal score? 100%! Unless there’s some bonus scoring which makes it go over 100%, but then, the new score becomes the new 100%! Ad infinitum.

2 Likes

Also available for phones: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thomasokken.free42 and ‎Free42 i App Store

2 Likes

I use the Free42 app on both my iPhone and iPad. Almost better than a real one.

I received a Swiss Micros DM42 (HP-42s clone) a few days ago. I have been putting it through its paces. It is just like the HP42s I remember but better. The case is stainless steel and thinner but a little larger to accommodate the multi line display. It also has a row of menu keys and the display moves up to display the menu items when a menu is selected. I have the XYZT plus alpha register selected. If you are a fan of the old HP42s RPN calc this is a very good option. (It is based upon the Free42 emulator).

3 Likes