Rooms undescribed when entered?

This is a brief transcript of an attempted playthrough to test my new encounter system as it applies to spiders trying to eat people in a spooky hotel:

Summary
Pipes under Room B
You crawl on hands and knees through the pipes, your eyes level with a grate that looks into one of the hotel rooms in the cellar.

You can go north, south, west, and outside.

>n
>s

Pipes under Room B
You crawl on hands and knees through the pipes, your eyes level with a grate that looks into one of the hotel rooms in the cellar.

>s
>n

Pipes under Room B

>n
>look
Pipes under Room A

You can go south and outside.

>

As you can see, the protagonist is crawling around some pipes in the hotel, and every time they enter the pipes under Room B, Inform 7 gives a perfectly ordinary description of the room. But when going north or south to the pipes under Rooms A or B, Inform does not even give the room’s name, let alone description. When using the LOOK command, the description works like normal. I have no idea what could be causing this bug. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

Have you used an “After going” rule? “After” rules, unless you explicitly conclude “continue the action,” will finish the processing of the action and cut off the Report rules–which includes the “describe room gone into” rule.

If that’s the situation, you probably want to change the rule to “Carry out going:”–carry out rules don’t stop action processing, so they’re useful for adding effects to standard rules that don’t print text, because they’ll allow the standard text to be printed.

This worked! Thank you. I didn’t even know about the “carry out going” syntax.