Review-a-thon 2026

It’s July 1 in some time zones, so I’m declaring the start of Review-a-thon 2026! If you’re not familiar with the event, you can learn more about it in the announcement post. Anyone who’d like to is welcome to review any of the games, and reviews can be posted here on the forum, on IFDB, on your own blog, or wherever you’d like.

Here’s the 2026 RaT spreadsheet, which has two tabs (at the bottom)—one for tracking reviews, which anyone can add to, and the other containing info about (and IFDB links to) all the included games. You can also browse the list of games via the IFDB poll. Note that one game, Bael’s Rock, is only available via Steam. The author has Steam keys available so that RaT reviewers can download a free copy; you can claim your key here (make sure to mark on that spreadsheet when one has been claimed). Claiming a key does not create an obligation to review!

As in prior years, I’ve made an optional bingo card that reviewers can fill in as they review:

Review-a-thon lasts until August 15. Happy reviewing!

24 Likes

Yay, I always look forward to the THON, there are invariably a bunch of games I love that I would have otherwise missed! Will get a thread rolling in the next day or two (I think I’ll combine it with ParserComp again since often the THON skews a bit choice-heavy, and I like the variety).

7 Likes

Do the two entries for recombinatorial amount to some joke about combinatrics, or is it just a typo? Or both?

-Wade

1 Like

Considering we can manage the spreadsheet on our own, I deleted the duplicate entry.

2 Likes

Is there a way to play DEVIL’S LIMINAL without purchasing it? Are we meant to purchase it, or review the DEMO instead?

2 Likes

Good question! I haven’t been in touch with the developers at all, so I would say it’s fine to just review the demo.

3 Likes

I’m excited to be participating this year (on both sides of the equation)! I’m not sure whether I’ll end up writing enough reviews for a whole thread, but I’ll post them on IFDB as I go. :rat:

11 Likes

Hi! I’ve noticed that some people added Bael’s Rock to their Steam wishlists right after the event started. In case anyone missed the info in the main post, you can grab a free Steam key here: activation keys (with no obligation to write a review).

7 Likes

A slightly late first-week update post: we’re at 20 (edit: already up to 22 since I posted this!) reviews! Some are in threads here on the forum, but others are on IFDB; check the spreadsheet to see them all. I haven’t started my own reviews yet, but I’m hoping to soon. Thank you all for already helping make this another successful Review-a-thon!

11 Likes

question (I don’t know much about goggle spreadsheet): how to do the appropriate graying out ? (as everyone known, I’m the author of one of the entries)

now that things are finally calm for a while, I have only this issue between me and the reviewing 'thon.

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

You click on the cell and click “fill color” on the toolbar, if I’m not mistaken

1 Like

Done, thanks !

(but, de gustibus et coloribus… Hope that the shade of gray is right…)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

1 Like

BINGO!

Wasn’t sure I was going to get the “Atypical for You” category as I have presumed to review a LOT of stuff. Thanks Uncle Sam!

For this at least.

9 Likes

Great work!

2 Likes

I have resurrected a Train to Piccadilly hint thread as, portentiously, I have run aground in the VERY FIRST SCENE.

I am bad at this.

8 Likes

Another mini update: first, all the games now have at least one review! Second, the Review-a-thon 2027 poll now exists: 2027 Review-a-thon - games seeking reviews (authors only) - an IFDB Poll. Feel free to start adding games!

10 Likes

Two weeks left of Review-a-thon! It’s been a great first month, with 86 total reviews so far. Maybe we’ll hit 100 by the end!

10 Likes

Reminder that Review-a-thon 2026 now has only one week to go!

7 Likes

Last day of Review-a-thon 2026! We’re currently at 93 reviews. I’ll post a formal wrap-up tomorrow, but in the mean time, feel free to share any final reviews!

14 Likes

This was a lot of fun! I played and enjoyed a bunch of games I might not have normally gotten to (2/3 of the ones I reviewed were randomly chosen), and I feel like I leveled up in reviewing too.

Thanks to everyone who took part, and especially to @DeusIrae and @jjmcc and @dgtziea for reviewing The Krampus Case! I probably shouldn’t promise anything yet, but if there is a sequel this year, it will benefit greatly from the feedback we got.

9 Likes