Request for early beta readers for IFComp 2021 game: At King Arthur’s Christmas Feast

Look, names are hard. I’ll get 'round to it before I enter it.

Anyways, this is a request for 2 or 3 beta readers for my game, which I intend to enter into IFComp. It’s a choice-based text game based on the 14th century poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight where you play as Sir Gawain. It’s about ~65k words, and should be ~2 hours-ish.

The game right now is in a first-draft state - that is, the major structure is fixed, all of the beats are present, and I don’t expect a huge amount of rewriting, additions, or deletions - but there will be typos and such, and I might move specific passages or scenes around for pacing reasons, depending on feedback. The main thing I’m looking for in this round of beta testing is essentially fresh eyes, general writing impressions, and pacing impressions. I’m NOT expecting line-to-line editing or anything like that.

If you’re interested, please send me a message on the forums with your email address, and I’ll send you a copy via email! Thanks!

“Play the Green Knight, but one year hence the Green Knight plays you.”

OK, maybe a little unwieldy as a title. :grinning:

So, I have a title for my game now, but is there any way to, uh, change a post’s title to reflect? (The title is At King Arthur’s Christmas Feast, which I’m sure I’ll change at least once before final submission.)

Yeah, there’s an edit-title feature (it looks like a little pencil next to the post title), but you might need to be a sufficiently “high level” forum user to see the option – I think it unlocks based on like number of posts or likes or time spent on the board or something? Anyway I went ahead and made the edit based on your post, but just LMK if you want me to change to something different.

I actually like the title. If I saw this on an IFDB random-games search, I would certainly click it.

I’ll PM you and read through your game.

Thanks for changing the title! That’s great, appreciate the help.