Request for beta testers for ParserComp game: Acid Rain

You were driving home late one night when you were getting tired, so you pulled over to the side of the road for a bit of shut-eye.

When you woke up and tried to start the car, it wouldn’t start. Damn! It’s dark and dismal outside, it’s raining heavily and you’re miles from anywhere. What are you going to do?

This is the scenario for ‘Acid Rain’, my entry for ParserComp 2021. I know it’s getting close to the submission deadline, but I’d really appreciate some last-minute beta testers. If you can spare the time, please send me a personal message and I’ll send you the download link and password.

It’s an Inform 6 game, so you’ll need a z-code interpreter for your favourite platform. I would consider it a medium-sized game with an old-school feel to it, but hopefully not too difficult. It’s hard for me to judge, but I think you should be able to finish it in a couple of hours. I can provide hints, map and walkthrough, if needed, but I’d prefer you to try it without resorting to those.

Oh, and please be ruthless!

4 Likes

It sonds fine. I will have some time for betatestig next weeks.

Just for the record, I got seven testers, testing is essentially completed and I’ve been doing the updates. I’m hoping to finish going through the transcripts and test all the changes over the next day or two. Providing I haven’t broken anything in the process, ‘Acid Rain’ should be ready in time for ParserComp.

6 Likes