Quixe 2.1.0

Thanks so much for getting back.
I am using Inform 7 and version 7 of Simple Graphical Window by Emily Short. Which one are you using? I have been able to build and run the program. However, I still haven’t been able to figure out how to run blorbtool on my script. Do you mind walking me through the steps again? I am sorry for being annoying. And thanks again for being patient with me.

The latest build of Inform 7 is called 6M62. The build number is shown when a game starts, something like this:
Release 1 / Serial number 190530 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N) SD

That shouldn’t really matter, though, as the important thing is what versions of Quixe and Blorbtool you use, and you can replace the default Quixe used by Inform by adding a Templates folder, as described above in this thread.

This is how I do it with Inform 7 build 6M62 on macOS:

• Create a new Inform project named Test1 with your code (but change that one line).

• Add image files, one called flower.jpg in a folder called Test1.materials/Figures, and two called Cover.jpg and Small Cover.jpg in Test1.materials. I just used renamed copies of the image file you linked to.

• Push Release.

• Copy blorbtool.py to Test1.materials/Release

• In Terminal, cd to Test1.materials/Release and type this command:
    python blorbtool.py Test1.gblorb giload interpreter interpreter

Blorbtool will print:
Wrote Quixe-compatible data to directory "interpreter".

I can then start the game in a browser by opening the file Test1.materials/Release/play.html

1 Like

Hey,
Just writing to thank you. Your explanation was awesome and I had gotten the program to work. Turns out that I wasn’t using the latest version of blorbtool. Thanks again.

1 Like