Question for Felix Larsson

Tjena Felix!

Har börjat använda Inform Swedish och jag är mycket imponerad av allt jobb du verkar ha lagt ner! Det fungerar jättebra och jag är glad att någon tog sig tid att översätta så att man nu kan göra spel på svenska.

En liten fråga bara. Går det alls att använda extensions i nuläget? Har försökt med Rideable Vehicles by Graham Nelson och Locksmith by Emily Short bland andra. Jag har lagt till dem innan din extension som du skriver i dokumentationen, men jag får ändå en drös med felmeddelanden.

När jag använder Locksmith får jag följande:

This is the report produced by Inform 7 (build 6G60) on its most recent run through:

In Volume - Localization of Built-In Extensions, Book - Swedish Locksmith (for use with Locksmith by Emily Short) in the extension Swedish by Felix Larsson:

Problem. You wrote ‘Carry out unlocking keylessly (this is the standard keylessly unlocking rule)’ , but this would give a name (‘standard keylessly unlocking rule’) to a new rule which already belongs to an existing one.

See the manual: 12.12 > Check rules for actions by other people

Problem. You wrote ‘After examining an identified passkey (this is the passkey description rule)’ , but this would give a name (‘passkey description rule’) to a new rule which already belongs to an existing one.

Jag får liknande felmeddelanden när jag använder andra extensions. Jag antar att detta innebär att extensionen läses in dubbelt på något sätt?

Tacksam för hjälp och åter igen, underbart jobb med översättningen!

Ajdå! Jag har glömt döpa om en del av reglerna i de inbyggda extensionerna. Det ska stå “Carry out unlocking keylessly (this is the Swedish standard keylessly unlocking rule)” o.s.v. Det är lite pinsamt, för det betyder att jag inte kan ha testat översättningen med alla de inbyggda extensionerna. Okej, jag försöker fixa alla sådana buggar om några dagar.

Och vad kul att någon använder översättningen för resten!

Det betyder också att de här buggarna bara borde kunna uppstå i samband med de inbyggda extensionerna …

Hur är det nu, fick du skriva om hela Plurality eller är det ett senare projekt? (Jag tänkte mest på om det är värt att behålla någon grundkod.)

Jag har bara ersatt en sektion i Plurality (Section 4 – Enumeration), den som tillåter objekt att vara “ambiguously plural” och har med hanteringen av pronomen att göra. Men det är nog troligt att sektion 1 i Plurality (som definierar attributet “neuter”) kommer i konflikt med översättningen. Det är i och för sig också lätt fixat. Det som tar tid är väl bara att identifiera buggarna.

Ja, vad tusan. Det här borde jag ju kolla in. Vi är några svenskar här, eller hur?

Pinsamt o pinsamt, jag är bara glad att du ens orkar ta dig tid :slight_smile:
Uppskattas!

Ja, så vitt jag vet och kan påminna mig är svenskarna som tittar in på forumet mer eller mindre ofta vi i den här tråden, Trumgottist och – enligt en uppgift – Jacek Pudlo (med alibin). Men jag kan mycket väl ha glömt eller vara ovetande om någon.

Jag tror Jacek Pudlo är polska.

Eller åtminstone att han poserar som en polack.

(I wonder whether Google Translate will keep this meaningful!)

Oh it worked flawlessly. It was Matt’s sentence that came out slightly mangled, since it chose the feminine form for Pole (“polsk”/“polska” are masculine and feminine; “polack” refers to both). I’m still quite impressed by how far translation has come as of late.

Discovered! I was using Bing Translator rather than Google, actually. (EDIT: And I was afraid it was going to come out that I had called him a can of floor polish.)

What’s most impressive to me is how Bing and Google both seem able to infer correct usage from context.

Have you been following this Swedish thread with the help of Bing and Google translation, Matt and Victor? I’ve got check what the machines have told you we were saying. :slight_smile:

Back on the raif there was some speculation about Jacek posting from Gotland or Uppsala or whatever. There are a few posts on the Swedish Usenet from a Jacek Pudlo of Polish origin who has been living in Sweden for 30 years or so. It might be our Jacek or not, but I am inclined to think it is.

Well, I’m sure he would have made even with you one way or another. :laughing:

To whom it may concern:
En uppdaterad version av Swedish som fixar buggarna med översättningarna av de inbyggda extensionerna finns nu för nedladdning på Informsajten.

Hello Swedes and translation bots!
I have a question: since the Swedish extension uses “[or]” as a plural form, I can’t seem to use “[one of]a[or]b[or]c[at random]” for example. How can I get around this?

Redefine it, with a new name, copying the definition out of the Standard Rules:

To say or-else – continuing say_one_of:
(- @nop; {-segment-count}: -).

(Note that when copying definitions out of the Standard Rules, you should drop the “(documented at …)” clause.)

I thought I fixed that bug in the last update, apparently I didn’t.
Here’s a Dropbox link to the latest version of the extension (it uses “-or” for the Swedish ending): https://www.dropbox.com/s/leex9ii0c3tsmzt/Swedish.i7x
I’ll submit it to the extension site as well.
(Darned embarrasing bug, too.)

EDIT: I’ve removed this link. Use the translation on the extension site instead.

Tack!

Nu fungerar det utan problem.

Mark har laddat upp en uppdaterad version av Swedish med de övriga I7-extensionerna. Förutom buggen som Cab rapporterade fixar den ett irriterande run time problem som kunde dyka upp i samband med scope checking. (Den sistnämnda buggen är inte åtgärdad i den version som Dropboxlänken ovan gick till!)

Besides, I have submitted the Second Gender extension (for the English Inform 7) which allows you to set any of the genders male, female, or neutral of a thing independently of each other and thus to create e.g. animals that respond consistently to both ”it” and ”him”. Actually, though, this kind of functionality would presumably be of more use to other languages than English, where the original name of an object may well belong to one grammatical gender and a synonym for it to another.