I’ve just released QTads 2.0.1; mainly a bug-fix release. Thanks to everyone for reporting them! Downloads for Linux, Mac, Windows, as well as the full source code can be found at:
The main reason a Windows version is offered is so that authors can test their works with it if they wish. If something seems to work differently compared to HTML TADS, consider it a bug; and if possible, please send me a bug report about it.
Changes since 2.0.0:
- A new “Restart Current Game” menu option has been added.
- Digital sound fade-in, fade-out and cross-fades are now fully supported on all operating systems. I think…
- MP3 and WAV sounds that use “odd” sampling rates should now play correctly. Previously, they sometimes were playing at double speed.
- Input of non-ASCII characters for languages that use compose keys (“dead keys”) should now work correctly for TADS 3.
- A memory leak during unloading of MP3 and WAV sounds has been fixed.
- Decoding of long MP3s on Windows should not take several millenia anymore.
- A new configuration option was introduced that allows for selecting the character set encoding to be used when playing TADS 2 games. Previously, the interpreter was treating TADS 2 games the same as TADS 3 ones, which wouldn’t work correctly with games that use characters outside the ASCII range.
- When built on Linux with Qt 4.6 or newer, appropriate icons from the desktop environment’s current theme will be used for the various menu items.
- A sane set of default fonts and sizes is now used on Mac and Windows.
- Sometimes the interpreter would not scroll down to the bottom when opening TADS 2 games. This should no longer be occuring.