Q. About Lost Pig (hint request)

(spoiler space)

Is there any way to get the torch back if you traded it to the gnome for the glowing ball? The walkthrough calls for using the torch in a way where the ball seemingly won’t work, later in the game. I don’t want to have to move forward from an earlier save if I can help it, but I haven’t figured out a way to either get the torch back, or open the exit in another way… Also, the gnome says there are magic words to turn the ball on and off, but he won’t tell me what they are. Am I missing something, or is it unimportant to actually find out?

Thanks.

1. it is unimportant to find out.
  2. other things than the torch can burn.

Ooooh. I somehow thought the torch was the key, not fire/heat in general. Nice. I’ll try something else, then.

I somehow missed that there were built-in hints to answer the same question (about fire). Although it was equally vague. :slight_smile:

I tried getting it to work with a hat full of powder and wet pants. I just never could figure out how to wring them out our anything (maybe there’s a way I didn’t stumble upon). I figured out something else, though, and got through it.

I’m disappointed that I needed a hint even in that one spot, though. Otherwise, I’d have gotten through without any help.

Anybody managed to get the 7th point?

For the seventh point, you have to leave the shrine more or less as you found it. (There are hints in the hint menu about how specifically to do that if you want more tips.) If you do, you get a very slightly different ending and a sort of easter egg entry in the amusing menu.

Trying to get in-game hints crashes my machine, so please…
How do I get the paper? It said the brick was slightly sticky, so I tried sticking this on the pole and fishing for it, but that didn’t work.

Do some more experimenting to see how the pole works – it’s not by stickiness.

I loved Lost Pig, but I hated the solution to the paper puzzle. I understood how the pole worked, but I didn’t really agree that the solution should actually work the way it did.

I liked the paper puzzle. It was killing me, then I sat outside for a while and a lightbulb went off above my head. It was cool. The last puzzle (finding the exit) killed me though.

Hey just in case anyone ever reads this, and you liked Lost Pig, you have to check out the official Grunk Live Journal, which is hilarious! Here: http://grunk.livejournal.com/2002/05/08/

Thanks for the reminder! I think I’d heard about that one before, but I hadn’t read it. (It starts here.) Great fun. Too bad that the story isn’t finished.