PSA: You may need to update Parchment for Inform if you want transcripts for the IFComp

This is just a minor PSA for anyone considering entering the IFComp who will be uploading a website generated by Inform 7: you may need to update Parchment for Inform 7 if you want to be able to see transcripts on the IFComp site.

Anyone who is generating a website for a Glulx storyfile using the 6M62 built in version of Quixe is fine.

But anyone who is using the 6M62 built in version of Parchment (for Z-Code storyfiles), or anyone who has manually updated their version of Parchment between April and mid June (for Glulx or Z-Code), will need to update Parchment for Inform 7 again. As a reminder, you can always get the latest version of Parchment for Inform 7 here.

This is because the 6M62 built in version of Parchment used an older protocol for transcript recording which the IFComp website no longer supports, and because in April I switched to my new GlkOte implementation AsyncGlk, and I didn’t implement support for transcript recording until mid June.

Note that this only applies to people uploading a website generated with Inform 7. If you just upload the .zblorb or .gblorb then you’ll get a website and transcripts for free!

6 Likes