Problem with new version and 'open with'

Twine Version: 2.3.14

So I realized just a while ago that I wasn’t actually up to date with sugarcube and at that, Twine. So I updated Twine and continued what I was working on, but as soon as I pressed the play button it asked me what I wanted to open the html with so I just pressed ok, leaving the ‘always use this program’ thing unchecked. Yet now every time I play or test, it opens Chrome and I kind of hate having to open it in Chrome rather than just in Twine because I always have to tab back and because the debug is now automatically on in the play version and I cant disable it as quickly.

Is there any way I can change it back to opening in a new Twine window instead of tabbing me to a browser?

Which OS are you using?

I’m going to assume that you are using the Desktop release of the Twine 2.x application.

That application was changed to always use your ‘default’ web-browser when either the Test or Play options are selected, and there is no configuration setting in the application to change this.

The Twine 2.x application uses whatever web-browser has been associated with HTML file in your Operating System. Which is why we would need to know which one you are running on your machine so we can tell you how to change your Operating System level defaults.

I’m just using Windows 10. Changing the default open with for htmls came to mind but I don’t really wanna do that. I don’t wanna open all htmls in Twine, just my Twine ones. Why has the application been changed this way without any option?

Partly because the ‘custom web-browser’ that was previously used by that application doesn’t behave the same as the major brands of web-browsers, so testing using it wasn’t always the same as testing using an external web-browser.
Partly because some people wanted to be able to test using their favourite web-browser.