ParserComp 2021 - Submission Countdown!

I’m in the UK so bear with me if the timings are a little askew! Actually that’s a point, it’s 9:30pm as I type this so I was about to say “2.5 hours to go folks!!” … But if you’re in the US then it’s probably more like 7.5 hours to go … I have no idea how itch.io will work this out …

Anyways, moving swiftly on! :slight_smile:

As I type this we have 15 entries !! FIFTEEN … 1-5 …

That is absolutely amazing, thank you all so much for getting behind this, I really am quite taken aback; in a very positive way of course!!

Thanks

Adam

11 Likes

I’m quite sure that submissions close at the same instant for everyone, no matter where you happen to be in the world. I’m in Germany (one hour ahead of you) and the deadline shows at 00:59hrs tomorrow morning, which is about two hours and twenty minutes away as I’m writing this.

6 Likes

Good luck to all the last-minute adventure crunchers!

3 Likes

Folks… Due to my CMT fatigue I am now off to bed.

Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to checking the numbers in the morning!

I also look forward to playing the games!!

Adam :v::smiley::+1:

8 Likes

Thank you for organising, Adam.

This has been a special one for me - it’s a game I tried to get done for a long time, but I’ve only in the last few months been anything like mentally healthy enough again to focus on it.

Good luck to everyone participating!

10 Likes

Can we post reviews yet, or should we wait for tomorrow? I snuck in through the ill-lit backways of itch.io and played a game already.

1 Like

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve been making last-minute panicky game tweaks all evening so wouldn’t want my game to be played/judged/reviewed until the actual deadline has passed. Glad people are so keen to get started though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Crikey, you’re keen to get started!

1 Like

I’m just busy this weekend and next week whereas I’m free today and tomorrow so I thought I might get several games in while I have time. But if it causes ConsternationsTM I’ll just wait.

2 Likes

Wow 18 entries! Well done everyone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I had a lot of trouble finding the actual games, and on the off chance others are in the same boat, here’s the submissions page:

4 Likes

I can’t see how to play or download Fivebyfivia Delenda Est. I don’t see a download link on the jam page, and the game’s itch.io page is password protected. Am I missing something?

The deadline has passed for UK, right? So it should be fine if you stick with made in England games.

Congratulations to all of the 2021 ParserComp participants. You are winners already!

6 Likes

It’ll just be that the author hasn’t made the page public yet.

It’s the same deadline for everyone, so all games are now fair game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@aschultz posts here from time to time, so maybe a ping wouldn’t go amiss?

3 Likes

I’m very pleased by how beautiful the adventuron games I’ve looked at are! As a participant I won’t be doing public reviews until after the comp, but I’m so impressed with everyone’s lovely work!

9 Likes

Have messaged him. Hope it’ll be public soon, I tested it and enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Another question. I’ve downloaded all the games except the currently inaccessible one (EDIT: accessible now) and one other, Snowhaven, that seems to be web-only. Would there be any objection if I uploaded a zip file of all the games, similar to the one provided for IFComp? Or would it be better for the games to be distributed only through official channels?

3 Likes