Orifice Jam

(art by the lovely @sophia)

Hello all,
@manonamora, @cchennnn, @sophia, and myself would like to announce the opening of the inaugural Orifice Jam.

It is a game jam concerned with holes of all sorts. Inspired by gamemakers like Porpentine, we believe the theme to be widely applicable, resonant with metaphor, and overdue to have its depths plumbed.

In keeping with its inspiration, we are gleefully accepting works both wholesome and holesome. In other words: violence + gore, sexual content, garish stylistic choices at odds with established color theory, rudeness and expletives etc. are fine. Our jam is unranked, unrated, and open to all (especially creators who can’t easily place their thoughts, stories, and identities in the structure of extant IF).

More details on the jam’s itch.io page. We’d love to see you there!

16 Likes

fun thing, sadly is on nosy itch.io… aside that currently I have other priorities

I don’t hide that I’m rather curious about the entries, considering the premise…

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

3 Likes

All day I drill holes in metal and bolt them together.

At first it’s boring, then it’s riveting.

13 Likes

Cool stuff! Out of curiosity, is there any limit to the number of entries someone can submit? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

I think we settled on three entries per entrant(to avoid receiving a large number of low-quality submissions), but if your friend is a unique case they should DM an organizer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have a Discord server:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I broke something, but all I’m seeing is the announcements channel, which is read-only.

1 Like

Whoops. Gimme a sec to fix it

2 Likes

As little surprise, I just uploaded, in a thread in AIF discussion, notwhistanding my misgivings, a little 2016 vintage experiment in I7, coded admittely with alcohol, ported without problems in I10 (miracle !!) as “off-jam” entry because amazingly fits the theme (an interesting case of long-term serendipidity, I suppose…), because I consider itch a “nosy site” hence the unusual upload place (I prefer to not pollute the if-archive with these questionable works…)

Endure !
Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

5 Likes

:rofl:
Completely forgot but the jam started yesterday! Come and make an orifice-related game!

4 Likes

6 days left

3 Likes

2.3361111111 days left.

3 Likes