Old version of Inform ATTACK?

Please quote the specific errors here. We can’t help without details!

Oh, ok, sorry, I forgot. This is for Kerkerkruip ATTACK:

And regular attack:

The errors in Kerkerkruip ATTACK make it look like it isn’t completely stand alone. Maybe Victor or Mike will be able to comment about that.

But you should be able to solve the second just by adding “To ready is a verb.” somewhere (the other verbs are added at the top.) I’ll check out the latest version on Github myself soon and check that that is the fix required.

Cool, thanks! Basic Attack works fine now, so far.

Don’t suppose you know if Kerkerkruip is better than it or about the same?

The Kerkerkruip one is newer, but I don’t know what has been changed.

0k, I don’t suppose you know where I could find the manual for Attack do you? I can’t find it anywhere and I can’t seem to make any of the earlier attack rules work in this version.

Hi!
I’m trying to upgrade the Example Test Dungeon from V3, in order to make it compilable with a special Kerkerkruip Attack edition.

Question: in this code:

Carry out retreating (this is the standard carry out retreat rule): say "Deciding that discretion is the better part of valour, you bravely run away."; now the player is retreater; repeat with X running through alive persons in the location: if the player is alive: if X presses the player or the player presses X: now X does not press the player; now the player does not press X; if the faction of X hates the faction of the player: make X strike a blow against the player; if the player is alive, move the player to the retreat location; now the player is not retreater.

What is the kruip equivalent of the phrase?:

(I know that the striking a blow routine was replaced by actions-related rules, but I cant see the way to fire an attack to the player internally )

I think that’s just:

try X hitting the player

Attacking first triggers the defender’s ability to react and then triggers the hitting action. Here, we want to bypass reactions and just hit immediately.

thanx!

Saludos!

By the way, good to see that you’re making this effort! Let me know what the result is. :slight_smile: