Off-Season at the Dream Factory Invisiclues Hints

These hints are for “Off-Season at the Dream Factory”.

Map of Day 2: (click to reveal, click again to download a full-size version):

off-season-at-the-dream-factory

Map of the Dream: (click to reveal, click again to download a full-size version):

dream

Where’s my nametag?

1. Try going WEST a couple of times.

2. It’s in your bed.

3. EXAMINE BED. You’ll pick up the nametag automatically, and now you can leave the room.

How do I get through the forest maze?

1. Try wandering through the maze.

2. Talk to your mother.

3. Try wandering again and again.

4. Try talking to your mother again and again.

5. “Maybe you should talk to your mother. She’s always good with directions.” “Your mother probably knows the directions, though.” “You know you should probably listen to your mother. You feel like sometimes the first things she says are the most important.” “But you need to get to your job. Maybe your mother is speaking in code or something.”

6. The solution is in this line: “We shouldn’t eat eggplants, son. We shouldn’t eat eggplants, nor nectarines.”

7. The solution also appears in these lines: “Whales sing elegant echolocations. Sing, whales, sing! Echolocate every narwhal now!” “Wind shocks earth’s energy suddenly. We should neutralize electrons, not neutrons!” “I’ve always found the first letters of words to be deeply meaningful, haven’t you?”

8. What do all of her lines have in common?

9. The first letters of her words are: WSEESWSEENN

10. In the maze, you can only go NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, and WEST.

11. From the road (after you go west from the house), start by going WEST.

12. Then go SOUTH.

13. From the road, go: WEST SOUTH EAST EAST SOUTH. The game will take you the rest of the way.

What should I do in the clearing?

1. Type WAIT.

It’s my first fight! How do I win?

1. Try all of your options.

2. It’s impossible to win the first fight. Just pass the time by attacking or parrying.

I’ve finished my first fight. Now what?

1. WAIT to reanimate.

2. Follow the exits.

3. NORTH ENTER

4. TALK to Jonathan

5. NORTH and TALK to the Boss.

6. EXIT, EAST, ENTER, EAST.

7. SLEEP.

What should I do in my dream?

1. Explore the dream.

2. You’ll have to deal with the snake, the lightning, and the toy boat.

3. Eventually, you’ll have to leave the dream out the exit.

What should I do with the snake in my dream?

1. You can’t deal with the snake when you first enter the dream.

2. You can exit the dream via the exit behind the starting point, and then re-enter the dream by going to SLEEP in your bedroom.

3. Type INVENTORY to see what you’re carrying in your dream.

4. Objects that you collect in the real world appear in the dream.

5. You need to prevent the snake from biting your hand.

6. The object you need is in your house.

7. Get the oven mitts in the kitchen and bring them to the snake. WEAR MITTS. GET CARD. (You’ll need to REMOVE MITTS before you can GET anything else.)

What should I do with the lightning in my dream?

1. You can’t deal with the lightning when you first enter the dream.

2. You can exit the dream via the exit behind the starting point, and then re-enter the dream by going to SLEEP in your bedroom.

5. Uncle Carroll said something about lightning in your first conversation with him. (You might have to restart to review the conversation. In the next hint, I’ll tell you what he said.)

6. “It’s no harder than catching lightning in a bottle.”

7. Bring a bottle to the lightning, then GET LIGHTNING.

• Where’s the bottle?

1. You’ll have to examine everything in every room, including objects that are mentioned in the description but not called out in a separate paragraph.

2. It’s outdoors.

3. It’s near your house.

4. It’s at the Pond.

5. Examine the bridge. You’ll see a bottle there. GET BOTTLE.

What should I do in the dream room with the toy boat?

1. You can’t deal with the toy boat when you first enter the dream.

5. You’ll have to get rid of the water. When you have the right item in your inventory, you can GET WATER to make the water go away.

6. The object you need is in your house.

7. It’s in the kitchen.

8. Examine the sink. You’ll see a sponge. (The sponge may be automatically revealed if you enter/exit the kitchen a few times.) GET SPONGE. When you have the sponge, you can GET WATER and then GET BOAT.

What should I do after waking up from my dream?

1. Go back to the clearing and try waiting for an adventurer.

2. You have to talk to your uncle.

3. Try waiting for an adventurer again.

4. Solve your uncle’s song. (See below.)

What should I do about my uncle Carroll’s rainbow song?

1. Listen carefully to what he says, and do it.

2. He told you to go get ceiling wax from his old truck behind his house. (You’ll find it on the map. GO NORTH. ENTER. OPEN BOX.)

3. Return to Uncle Carroll with the ceiling wax, and TALK to him.

4. TALK to him again, and ask him to sing the song.

5. Each time you bring him one of the rainbow items, he’ll teach you a new spell. You have to find all five items named in his song.

• Where can I find shoes?

1. You’ll have to deal with the lightning in your dream first. (See above, “What should I do with the lightning in my dream?”)

2. Behind the lightning is an umbrella with a propeller on it.

3. OPEN UMBRELLA.

4. Try it again outside.

5. The umbrella will pull you up if you’re outside. Is there some place high up in this game?

6. Go to the Abandoned farm and OPEN UMBRELLA. There, you can GET SLIPPERS.

• Where can I find ships?

1. You just need one ship.

2. A boat, really.

3. See “What should I do in the dream room with the toy boat?” above.

• Where can I find sealing-wax?

1. As the hints above explained, the sealing-wax will be taken care of when you bring him the ceiling-wax.

• Where do I find cabbages?

1. You’ll need the cabbage seeds from your dream.

2. Find a good place and PLANT SEEDS.

3. Go to the Abandoned farm and PLANT SEEDS.

4. The seeds are dry. You’ll need to bring water. (Dream water doesn’t count.)

5. You’ll find this easier when you’ve dealt with the lightning. (See above, “What should I do with the lightning in my dream?”)

6. When you have a bottle, you can GET WATER in the Pond. Bring the water to the Abandoned farm and WATER SEEDS.

• Where do I find kings?

1. You just need one king.

2. It’s not even a real king.

3. Steal a card from the snake. (See above, “What should I do with the snake in my dream?”)

I’m fighting the fighter again. What should I do?

1. You can’t win until you’ve at least partially figured out your uncle’s song. (See above.)

2. You’ll need to have helped Uncle Carroll with kings. (See “Where do I find kings?” under #5 under “What should I do about my uncle Carroll’s song?”)

3. Cast the ROYAL ROBE spell. The fighter will be unable to attack you. At that point, you can just stand there, or hit with your club.

Should I kill adventurers or not?

1. The choice is up to you; you can win the game either way.

2. The game offers a maximum score if you don’t kill any adventurers.

How do I defeat the demons?

1. Defeating the demons is just like defeating the fighter. (But you might not have the right spell yet.)

2. Try all of your spells to see if any of them work.

3. You’ll need to have helped Uncle Carroll with ships. (See “Where do I find ships?” under #5 under “What should I do about my uncle Carroll’s song?”)

4. Cast WATER WHIP on the demons.

How do I defeat the mage?

1. Defeating the mage is just like defeating the other adventurers. (But you might not have the right spell yet.)

3. You’ll need to have helped Uncle Carroll with sealing-wax. (See “Where do I find sealing-wax?” under #5 under “What should I do about my uncle Carroll’s song?”)

4. Cast WAX LIPS on the mage.

How do I defeat the angels?

1. Defeating the angels is just like defeating the other adventurers. (But you might not have the right spell yet.)

3. You’ll need to have helped Uncle Carroll with cabbages. (See “Where do I find cabbages?” under #5 under “What should I do about my uncle Carroll’s song?”)

4. Cast CABBAGE CLOUD on the angels.

How do I defeat the steampunk gnome?

1. Defeating the gnome is just like defeating the other adventurers. (But you might not have the right spell yet.)

3. You’ll need to have helped Uncle Carroll with shoes. (See “Where do I find shoes?” under #5 under “What should I do about my uncle Carroll’s song?”)

4. Cast SLOW WALK on the gnome.

MEI is closed. What should I do now?

1. Go home.

2. Return to your bedroom and SLEEP.

My dream is all messed up. How do I escape this loop?

1. You’ve solved a puzzle like this before.

2. Listen to your mother.

3. Your mother helped you solve a puzzle like this before.

4. This puzzle is like the forest maze at the start of the game.

5. Your mother says, “Night night, wonderful son. Sleep well.”

6. NORTH. NORTH. WEST. SOUTH. SOUTH. WEST.

How do I defeat the boss?

1. Cast all of your spells, one at a time.

After the fight, what should I do with the boss?

1. The choice is up to you; you can win the game either way.

2. The game offers a maximum score if you don’t kill anyone.

How do I get the last lousy point?

1. Did you check the walkthrough?

2. The walkthrough will get you to 99 points, but it doesn’t document the last lousy point. And it turns out, in this game, the last will be first.

3. It has to do with the very first puzzle in the game.

4. EXAMINE NAMETAG after you’ve found it, and pay close attention.

5. EXAMINE QR CODE

6. Use a QR reader (the iPhone’s camera does it by default) to read the QR code.

7. Type BRILLIG at any time during the game to get the last lousy point. (And there’s something else interesting about the nametag.)

8. If you EXAMINE QR CODE again after typing BRILLIG, it shows a different message. The QR code will continue to update itself as you level up playing the game.

6 Likes

An incredible big cool work.