OceanThrill Murder Mystery: An Interactive Fiction for modern and retro systems alike

My girlfriend, one of my friends who is both a talented sound engineer and prolific coder, and I recently launched a Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/happy-ferret/oceanthrill-murder-mystery

OceanThrill Murder Mystery will put you in the footsteps of a charismatic, witty detective and his tough but sweet sidekick Mary.

As the two investigate the death of OceanThrill’s interim CEO, they’re pulled deeper and ever deeper into a world where nothing is as it seems. People vanish and buildings are being torched. All this amidst a background of a missing submersible that vanished hours away from the wreck of the RMS Lusitania.

OTMM will release on both modern and retro platforms and will be available as an all-in-one download (all versions of the game for all platforms), a standard big box release and an even larger big box release that contains the physical media for not just one chosen system but for every system the game releases on.

There will be a limited number of graphics to accompany the adventure, as well as some very cute easter eggs.

9 Likes

Way to be on the spot with current events. South Park would be proud.

1 Like

Sounds great! Nice retro feel.

Perhaps try to include some retro fonts as well for a cool effect.

Good luck with the KS.

1 Like