No contextual/pop-up menu, is it supposed to be like that? Bug?

Hi, up until recently I have been using the online twine story creator via my browser to make Sugarcube2 stories but today I decided that (since I’m using it so much) I’d just download Twine(V2.3.8) to my computer and use it from there, only to realize that right clicking doesn’t bring up the usual contextual menu with stuff like copy and paste in it, is that normal? My computer is kind of a buggy piece of shit so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was just a problem on my end and googling the issue wasn’t giving me any additional info so I just thought I’d ask someone here for confirmation that this is/isn’t normal before I go reinstalling twine or rooting around for problems in my PC. Not being able to use the contextual menu is kind of a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately, yes, that’s normal. You can still use the keyboard commands though.

If you’re interested in that, you might want to toss in a note of support in the “Feature: right-click context menu” Twine issue.

The Twine editor still leaves a lot to be desired at this point, but it’s slowly getting better.

1 Like

Ah okay, thanks for the confirmation. I really thought it was probably just my PC being weird again so you’ve saved me hours of fruitlessly digging through my computer settings.

Twine not having a context menu at all is slightly surprising, especially since it’s not mentioned in any FAQ or google searches, but it’s not necessarily a deal breaker.

Thanks again for the support!