Newbie Question: Embed an Inform 7 game into Dreamweaver?

I’ve recently learned how to build games in Inform 7 and I’m currently on track in building my first text adventure.

I’m also learning how to use Adobe Dreamweaver and it’s weird cousin, Adobe Muse. I’ve used both for other sorts of gamebook-type IF projects and other sorts of creative sites before. Both are compatible to run html.

I’m trying to figure out if I can get Dreamweaver (or Muse) to run an Inform 7 game. I think it’d be nice to build a menu in Dreamweaver that looks pretty (that’s the stuff I actually know how to do, graphic design, as opposed to other technicalities), and then redirects a player to the game. I’d also like to host more than one game on the site, if possible.

I’m just a hobbyist, not a STEM pro. Any clues to how I could tackle this goal?

[Duplicate topic merged by Mod]

[spoiler]I’ve recently learned how to build games in Inform 7 and I’m currently on track in building my first text adventure.

I’m also learning how to use Adobe Dreamweaver and it’s weird cousin, Adobe Muse. I’ve used both for other sorts of gamebook-type IF projects and other sorts of creative sites before. Both are compatible to run html.

I’m trying to figure out if I can get Dreamweaver (or Muse) to run an Inform 7 game. I think it’d be nice to build a menu in Dreamweaver that looks pretty (that’s the stuff I actually know how to do, graphic design, as opposed to other technicalities), and then redirects a player to the game. I’d also like to host more than one game on the site, if possible.

I’m just a hobbyist, not a STEM pro. Any clues to how I could tackle this goal[/spoiler]

I have been using Parchment to display the Inform projects. Dreamweaver creates the page, Parchment is the engine to run the game in the browser.

I did this back in 2011, and am now trying to relearn Inform as much has changed. Hopefully Parchment will work the same. I have heard it supports Glulx now which is a bonus!

Edit to add: My front page(s) have the list of games and clicking on any one of them launches them in Parchment.

Thanks for the tip!

Im just thinking I’ll make a nice menu in dreamweaver that redirects the player to the parchment page for the game, maybe.

Also, my mistake (typo) when I wrote that I wanted Dreamweaver to run the game. What I meant, really was to host it, somehow. Sort of so that the game is contained in the site, somehow. Not sure that’s possible though.

Oh yeah, that is definitely easy. I have run it on local netwoks, standalone workstations, and on a hosted website (GoDaddy). It is just a matter of pointing the link to the proper location where the stories are. It is java, so it runs everywhere.

Nice, thanks.

Nice, thanks.