New to Twine how to stop links moving

Hi all,

I’m new to using Twine. Never done coding but been watching a few vids & doing google searches to try figure out something i’d like my story to do, if anyone could help please.

Basically, i’d like to make it so when I click the ‘Continue’ link, a new section of text keeps revealing itself on the same page, until all text is visible and then clicking on the ‘Continue’ Link leads to the next page.
What I’ve written below seems to do the job, but only problem is when a new section of text reveals itself, the ‘Continue’ and ‘Skip Intro’ links move further down the screen which is not what I want.
I’d like the ‘Continue’ & ‘Skip Intro’ Links to sit further down the screen but not to move when new text reveals itself. I’ve tried to work out a solution myself, but hit a but of a wall. Could anyone assist please. Thanks (P.S I’m using SugarCube 2.34.1)

Test Dialog

<<linkreplace “Continue”>>

Test Dialog
<<linkreplace “Continue”>>

Test Dialog

[[Continue]]

<>
<>

[[Skip Intro]]

I answered this question for you in the Reddit version of this post:
Text appears when click link (Twine 2, SugarCube)

P.S. If you look at your post here you’ll notice that this forum tends to eat SugarCube macros unless you put them within “preformatted text” blocks (the “</>” icon on the editor toolbar), so please make sure any code you post here is marked using that. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like