New short Ink game. The Fairi Affair: A tale of Inverted Edinburgh

Hey y’all, I taught myself the basics of Ink last week and decided to make a wee game in it and I’m surprisingly happy with the result.

It’s a short (under half hour) game set in a fantastical version of late 19th century Edinburgh, a city that has been, literally, turned upside down. But mostly it’s a pastiche of Fallen London.

Here’s the link if anyone is interested: The Fairi Affair: A tale of Inverted Edinburgh by Akinis

(In other news, my IFcomp entry ‘The Last Night of Alexisgrad’ is also now on my Itch, and should (if I haven’t horribly broken the coding) be more easily playable as a single player experience.)

5 Likes

I’m always endlessly fascinated with Ink games precisely because they (can) look so attractive on the screen. Unfortunately for my weak eyes, that light gray font is just a bit too lost in the white background.

Looks pretty interesting, though!

If you press ‘theme’ in the top right hand corner it will change to a dark mode. That should also save your preference for every other ink game you play in the same browser.

1 Like

That was fun! A nice adventure for my mostly Midgie self. Good job, Milo!

1 Like