Neurocracy 2.049, a sci-fi wiki adventure

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know about Neurocracy 2.049, an interactive narrative experience that offers an anthology of compelling sci-fi stories connected across Omnipedia

It’s an updated run of Neurocracy’s original season, which was first released in 2021 to critical acclaim, with particular praise for its original world and experimental format from The Guardian and Waypoint. It was nominated for the IGF Excellence in Narrative Award and won the New Media Writing Prize, and even got its own Wikipedia article

So if you happen to be in the mood for a sci-fi murder mystery that unfolds in the shape of weekly updates to a futuristic Wikipedia, with a community of players debating theories while roleplaying as editors, please do join us! The updated run is live right now, but the experience is designed so you can catch up at your own pace :relieved:

17 Likes

Sounds like when the movie Artificial Intelligence secretly promoted itself with a sci-fi murder mystery across the web back in 2001. That was a really interesting game (The Beast) and many brain cells were lost trying to decipher the clues and piece together the events.

Discussing theories as the game unfolded was so engrossing. The Beast was very memorable for me and as soon as I went to Omnipedia… the feeling of nostalgia was immediate. Who killed Evan Chan?! :wink:

Anyway, it’s neat to see a game like that take form again.

2 Likes

The 10th and final episode of 2.049 just dropped. So, if you were waiting for everything to binge, now’s the time.

4 Likes